Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yeah Right..

Rate this question

SeattleShay

Question

The VA claimed on CBS Evening News that they have completed over 60% of the case backlaog......

This was after they refused to comment on the file cabinet of ignored claims at the Oakland RO was brought to light.

I'm sure there are a FEW good VA employees, but it's getting harder and harder to believe it.

Guess I should feel lucky that I sit here at 16 months and no C&P's ordered... :blink:

SeattleShay:

I'm an analyst and have been watching the numbers of the disability claims backlogs drop recently? It appears that the RO raters and staff are on mandatory overtime again as well? So, I think the key is to see if there is a direct relational increase in NODs or appeals during the same timeframe among the Regional Offices? Also, If there is not an increase in NODs or Appeals during the same timeframe, than it's great for the veterans and the push to get the backlog down is valid. However, if there's an appreciable or above normal increase in NODs or Appeals during the same time period, then Vets-pay with the normal singifcant amount of time delays that occur with NODS and appeals processing? So, the data will eventually tell the real story. The same holds true for the accuracy of the claims which right now show an appreciable an sustained upward trend based upon the numbers that the RO's are themselves reporting? Either way, it's got to be a tough job with a lot of pressure to produce? The VA OIG does a pretty good job of auditing the RO's for this kind of information and hopefully it's a good news story now that things are getting better... ?

RB.. you cant believe ANYTHING the VA reports as far as stats . They lie so much, they cant even figure out themselves what the real numbers are. So please dont base your own investigation on what VA reports. Also, once the RO denies and it goes to appeals the claim is no longer in the VA bean count even though the veteran is still not taken care of, they can say the claim is complete.

How on Gods green earth can any accuracy be even REMOTELY possible , when they are finding file cabinets full of unadjudicated claims, boxes of claims found hidden in the woods behind ROs, ect.

The VA s reporting of claims reminds me of a news program I saw during the second IRAQ invasion. The american reporter was interviewing an Iraqi official who was one of Saddams goons. The officials were trying to stall the coalition forces as long as possible by telling the Iraqi troops to hold on and dont run, while Saddam high tailed it out of Iraq with a suitcase full of 100 dollar bills.

While the reporter was speaking with this Iraqi official, the official said " there are absolutely no coalition forces in baghdad and we are still in complete control and will fight and defend mother Iraq to the death".

A few seconds after he said that, an american M1 abrams rolled by behind him, waving an american flag,..

The VA leadership is the same way, they deny , lie, and conceal, and try to say they are making progress, when all tangible proof shows otherwise.

If they want the public trust back, the trust of the people they are meant to serve and eliminate all doubt, my vote is to let an independent group do an internal review. This investigating authority must not have any ties or potential gain or loses due to a factual assessment of the VA's internal workings. Then report those findings directly to the a panel or individual and filter out all the trash that has been breaking the law and regulations for so many decades. The inherent problem is this, when it all comes out from facts and true numbers can they hang themselves? Will they hang themselves? Will things finally change? JUST MY MORBID OPINION.

RootBeer

I don't trust any numbers the VA puts forward. They certainly have been known to "fudge", better known as outright LIE, about the number before.

Ditto - also, it's only natural VA that more claims will get pushed thru done half azzed

and result in more appeals.

Probably won't be long before they find appeals that have been lost (ha-ha) in BVA

file cabinets.