VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Who Can I Contact To Report Va Fraud

iceturkee

Question

my landlord has a va issued power scooter plus is receiving IU. his back is suppose to be so bad the va was talking about major surgery and being in a body cast for 18 months. yet he shows up today with a velomobile, which i understand is human powered. i just checked it out and he does in fact have to peddle it to make it go. says his back problem isn't affecting his legs. mine does.

12 answers to this question

That's not right ... however he maybe he is getting disability's for a number of conditions? but if it was me I would not get involved...I would consider it not any of my business.

• Like 1

he has ptsd and the back problem. he was a green beret in vietnam. he hurt his back after a parachute jump went bad. he has already had one major back surgery years ago.

just makes me mad that his back is so bad he needs a wheelchair but then is still cycling and driving a huge RV across country.

i know it should be none of my business. but he's made it a pretty big deal to me about his business.

Always keep in mind that with disabilities a person can have good days and bad days.

just makes me mad that his back is so bad he needs a wheelchair but then is still cycling and driving a huge RV across country.

Is it fraud or is it jealousy on your part, Also keep in mind when you shine a light on others you also illuminate yourself.

VA have their investigators, if something is truly off they will find it out.

VA investigators, neighbors, so called friends, so called relatives, now veterans watching veterans. No wonder why veterans a paranoid, reminds me of growing up when dad used to go to the bay and get crabs in a basket, if one would crawl up another would pull him down.

Edited by pete992 (see edit history)

its fraud. i am service connected for my back and have a va issued wheelchair which i use all the time. in fact, i just got a new one about a month ago. my 7 year old chair finally gave out.

i have made the details of my back problems known for a long time. my cervical (herniated disc and osteophyte complex), thoracic (severe degenerative disc disease, scoliosis and probably stenosis) and my lumbar: (5 herniated discs, foraminal and spinal stenosis, a grade one slipped vertabrae, 2 torn discs and arthritis). i hurt my back when i fell down 2 flights of stairs while in the army.

i have this plus rheumatoid arthritis.

Karma is a bitch and this could blow up in your face if you don't know as much as you think you do about this other veteran. Get a hobby if you have all this free time to ruminate about the other guy's situation. It's not your job to "report" him to the VA authorities. Chances are you might be inviting some unwanted attention to yourself as a result. No one is exempt from that kind of scrutiny, and the VA might try to figure out what an ulterior motive might be on your part to go through all that trouble.

• Like 4

oh i know plenty about the slumlord. he's been my landlord for over 20 years and he never has done anything honest as long as i know him. i mean how long did the cable company putz around knowing he had been stealing their cable for year.

leave him alone. he may be able to function on heavy pain meds, but be a slug without it. too many variables.

I would be hesitant to report another Veteran unless you were certain he was a fraud. Since you are not a doctor and you have not examined him, you dont really know if/how his back problem does/does not affect his legs. Your condition could be, and probaly is, entirely different.

How would you like to go to an eye doctor and tell him you can not see out of these glasses. Then have the doc pick up your glasses, try em on, and tell you these glasses are fine..the doc can see out of them just fine, so there is something wrong with you that you can not see out of those glasses.

You get a new doc. Just because the doc can see out of those glasses does not mean you can. They could be, and probably are, all wrong for you, but they might be just the prescription the doctor needs.

Dont judge this guy solely on whether or not you can use your legs, because you dont know his medical history, or what he is service connected for. Reporting him for fraud could backfire and will likely mean he is gonna come after you. When you start throwing rocks at others, make sure there are no windows in your house...or, that you never open or close the door.

What you described is "conjecture". You dont know that he is a fraud. You think maybe based on what you posted. This guy could turn around, evict you, and report you for IRS fraud.

I dont mean to say you should not report fraud..not at all. But what you described is conjecture..you "really" dont know what he is service connected for. Maybe he is SC for depression and does not want to tell you, so he says its his back. Focus on positve things, and this is highly unlikely to come out well for you.

I would be hesitant to report another Veteran unless you were certain he was a fraud. Since you are not a doctor and you have not examined him, you dont really know if/how his back problem does/does not affect his legs. Your condition could be, and probaly is, entirely different.

How would you like to go to an eye doctor and tell him you can not see out of these glasses. Then have the doc pick up your glasses, try em on, and tell you these glasses are fine..the doc can see out of them just fine, so there is something wrong with you that you can not see out of those glasses.

You get a new doc. Just because the doc can see out of those glasses does not mean you can. They could be, and probably are, all wrong for you, but they might be just the prescription the doctor needs.

Dont judge this guy solely on whether or not you can use your legs, because you dont know his medical history, or what he is service connected for. Reporting him for fraud could backfire and will likely mean he is gonna come after you. When you start throwing rocks at others, make sure there are no windows in your house...or, that you never open or close the door.

What you described is "conjecture". You dont know that he is a fraud. You think maybe based on what you posted. This guy could turn around, evict you, and report you for IRS fraud.

I dont mean to say you should not report fraud..not at all. But what you described is conjecture..you "really" dont know what he is service connected for. Maybe he is SC for depression and does not want to tell you, so he says its his back. Focus on positve things, and this is highly unlikely to come out well for you.

but i do know his medical history and what he is service connected for. if i didn't love my one bedroom handicapped accessible apartment for what i pay a month, i would have moved years ago. thanks.

Frankly, it sounds like he is treating you very well...supplying a one bedroom apartment very reasonably priced for you. Apparently he fixes the apartment when ever necessary, or you WOULD want to move. It sounds like trying to speculate where he got his money to buy the apartment, might not be in your best interest.

Once, I wanted to sue my brother, as Im sure he was not in the least bit fair when he handled my parents estate, and kept most of it. I decided to turn that over to God, (and not file suit) and have never regretted that. My brother passed a couple years ago, too, and, in the end, he got his just reward. I got my reward, too, many times over, from God.

Betray your landlord, and expect him to find out it was you and evict you.

As my attorney once said, "You can not right every wrong, with the law"

As Kelly said, focus on the positive. Of course, if I point the finger at you for being negative, 3 point back at me, so I need to also practice what I preach.

Edited by broncovet (see edit history)