VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who Can I Contact To Report Va Fraud

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

my landlord has a va issued power scooter plus is receiving IU. his back is suppose to be so bad the va was talking about major surgery and being in a body cast for 18 months. yet he shows up today with a velomobile, which i understand is human powered. i just checked it out and he does in fact have to peddle it to make it go. says his back problem isn't affecting his legs. mine does.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's not right ... however he maybe he is getting disability's for a number of conditions? but if it was me I would not get involved...I would consider it not any of my business.

he has ptsd and the back problem. he was a green beret in vietnam. he hurt his back after a parachute jump went bad. he has already had one major back surgery years ago.

just makes me mad that his back is so bad he needs a wheelchair but then is still cycling and driving a huge RV across country.

i know it should be none of my business. but he's made it a pretty big deal to me about his business.

Always keep in mind that with disabilities a person can have good days and bad days.

just makes me mad that his back is so bad he needs a wheelchair but then is still cycling and driving a huge RV across country.

Is it fraud or is it jealousy on your part, Also keep in mind when you shine a light on others you also illuminate yourself.

VA have their investigators, if something is truly off they will find it out.

VA investigators, neighbors, so called friends, so called relatives, now veterans watching veterans. No wonder why veterans a paranoid, reminds me of growing up when dad used to go to the bay and get crabs in a basket, if one would crawl up another would pull him down.

Edited by pete992

its fraud. i am service connected for my back and have a va issued wheelchair which i use all the time. in fact, i just got a new one about a month ago. my 7 year old chair finally gave out.

i have made the details of my back problems known for a long time. my cervical (herniated disc and osteophyte complex), thoracic (severe degenerative disc disease, scoliosis and probably stenosis) and my lumbar: (5 herniated discs, foraminal and spinal stenosis, a grade one slipped vertabrae, 2 torn discs and arthritis). i hurt my back when i fell down 2 flights of stairs while in the army.

i have this plus rheumatoid arthritis.

Karma is a bitch and this could blow up in your face if you don't know as much as you think you do about this other veteran. Get a hobby if you have all this free time to ruminate about the other guy's situation. It's not your job to "report" him to the VA authorities. Chances are you might be inviting some unwanted attention to yourself as a result. No one is exempt from that kind of scrutiny, and the VA might try to figure out what an ulterior motive might be on your part to go through all that trouble.