Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% But Not P&t

Rate this topic

McD

Agreed. I m fast to wanna pull the trigger now. Do take the time to enjoy the win and spend some quality time with loved ones. Kind of like the debrief after leaving combat.

Thanks all.

Some have mentioned uploading my decision letter... do they have a digital copy somewhere on eBenefits, or do I need to scan it in?

I too am 100% Temporary since last year, and yet I was just reviewed last month. As you can see I have a ton of high %s. It backfired on the VA cause it looks like a few of my SC %s are going to go up, along with the new 4 or 5 conditions that will be awarded soon, as my current FDC is in Prep for Decision phase. The VA just likes to control us and look over our shoulders, even with conditions that will never heal. I have TBI and Crohns, both incureable, yet the Dam**** VA reviewed them a year after granted. You will be fine and congrats on your %s. Good luck and God Bless!!!

So I've made a slight miscalculation with the number of rated disabilities... I have the 1 @ 50%, 2 @ 20%, but "only" have 18 @ 10%, HOWEVER the disability calculator used from the link below STILL shows me at 95.196% which should still round up to 100%, correct?

http://www.vvaarizona.org/combined_disability.php

Is there an issue with this combined disability calculator?

Edit:

I tried another calculator and came up with 100%. I meet with my VSO next week to discuss, so hopefully she has some answers/advice for me.

Edited by McD

For those that have asked... here are my ratings... The first 21 are (I assume) permanent ratings (seeing how there was nothing said about reevaluating them in my decision letter), but the MDD and Chronic Fatigue are both to be reevaluated, so I could see the reason for a 100% Temporary rating, however as I stated before, completely removing them in the calculators I've used still keeps me at 100%. Now that you all can see this can you explain any of it? Am I missing something? Should I fight a 100% Temp rating, or not stir the pot?

Issues/Contentions:

Obstructive Sleep Apnea w/CPAP 50% P

Right Upper Extremity Radiculopathy 20% P

Left Lower Extremity Radiculopathy 20% P

Right Knee Strain 10% P

Chronic Sinusitis 10% P

Right Lower Extremity Radicupathy 10% P

Degenerative Disc Disease Cervical Spine 10% P

Status Post Left Hand Thumb and Middle Finger Fractures 10% P

Left Knee Strain 10% P

Left Ankle Tendonitis Status Post Tendon Tear 10% P

Left Hip Sprain/Strain Limitation of Extension w/Bursitis 10% P

Thoracolumbar Spine Strain w/Osteoarthritis 10% P

Left Shoulder Post Clavicle Fracture 10% P

Chronic Right Biceps Tear 10% P

Right Hand Thumb Status Post Fracture w/Painful Motion, Thumb Index and Long Finger 10% P

Right Shoulder Strain 10% P

Right Hip Sprain/Strain Limitation of Flexion w/Busitis 10% P

Chronis Allergic Conjunctivitis 10% P

Tinnitus 10% P

Allergic Rhinitis 10% P

Status Post Lower Lip Gland Removal w/Neuropathy of Cranial Nerve V 10% P

Major Depression Disorder 50% Temp (up for future reevaluation)

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 40% Temp (up for future reevaluation)

Left Hip Sprain/Strain Limitation of Flexion with Bursitis 0%

Residual Scar Right Inguinal Hernia Repair Surgery 0%

Residual Scar Status Post Left Shoulder Clavicle Surgery 0%

Right Hand Ring and Little Finger Pain Status Post Right Hand Thumb Fracture Injury 0%

Status Post Right Inguinal Hernia 0%

Onchomycosis/ Dermatophytosis Bilateral Thumb Nails 0%

Residual Scars Right Leg Status Post Accident 0%

Right Hip Sprain/Strain Limitation of Flexion w/Bursitis 0%

Left Hand Status Post Injury 0%

Also, I was denied Service Connected PTSD (as they said it wasn't clinically diagnosed) even though I sent in a DBQ stating that I was.

Note: I have what appeas to be the same condition with my right hip... one states 10%, the other states 0%. Could that be the issue?

Thanks again for any assistance...!

Edited by McD

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use