Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% But Not P&t

Rate this topic

McD

So, I received my letter stating I was 100%, but that I will have reevaluations at a future date (it states Feb 2020) that could result in a rating reduction. I reviewed the letter and they will want to see me again for Major Depression (50%) and Chronic Fatigue (40%). For the record, even with taking those 2 temp ratings out, I still have 22 disabilities in all: 1 @ 50%, 2 @ 20%, and 19 @ 10%. Using a few VA rating's calculator's, I still come up with 95.677%, which means it would round to 100% correct? If that's the case, why wouldn't I be rated at 100% permanent now?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Frankly $. But let's not concentrate on that. First congrats. Well played. With the 100% you have more options for afforded care and lots of tax concessions to take advantage of. As well as state benefits depending on your state. It's worth looking into nice discounts and lots of perks. I think it would be worth a look over on all your conditions and apeal the ones that on not in line with the severity of your conditions and medical evidence. Same old same old unfortunately. Since you have some conditiins that are in the appeal period fight them if you care to do so. For the ones that have become final, CUE is the only option really. Look in the forums inder CUE, Berta has layed it quote nicely, there's others like Asknod and many more that give vast amounts of info and strategies. JMO, again good luck and congrats on the win.

Edited by ArNG11

I agree with ArNG11, however I would only add that you give yourself some time for this to sink in. Not saying you shouldn't appeal what is clearly wrong, but give yourself a chance to take a breath. It took me a few weeks to realize the fight was mostly over. I have some clean-up work with a remand order, but it doesn't effect my overall rating at this point. Take a minute to get used to the feeling and thank your family in some way. Plan a vacation or something...

Consider asking for P&T if you think your conditions warrant it. If you need an IMO to support your request, get one. Still, give yourself a chance to exhale.

Congrats!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use