Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Without Notification

Rate this question

marinevet61

Question

I recently found a c&p note in myhealthevet that was completed by a MD in Asheville VAMC.

I am a Camp Lejeune vet and have a claim for Camp Lejeune contaminated water. All Camp

Lejeune claims are supposed to be at the Louisville Ky RO. The examiner stated that my cfile

And my military medical records were used along with 5 studies from Vistaweb Webcrawler,which

Was not in detail only web addresses.This exam was done February 13 2015,the examiner did not

Have my medical evidence to review,because it was not entered into the system until February

19 2015. The term TREMOR was used by the examiner, this is incorrect. The correct term is

Tumor. Can this exam be used against me or can I ask for this to be reconsidered? Any advice

Will be greatly appreciated.

Marinevet61

Today I received notification that my claim for Camp Lejeune contaminated water has

Been denied. This came from my VSO. I am appealing this decision due to the examiners

Lack of evidence that was reviewed. If anyone has any suggestions as to the best way

To proceed with the appeal, any help will be greatly appreciated. Sent the following

With my medical evidence:

Nexus letter from oncologist

Atlanta VARO Director Bocchicchio

Al.Bocchicchio@va.gov

Phone 1-404-929-5819

Fax 1-404-929-5818

You can also send them an IRIS , go to www.va.gov, click on Contact Us,then click on Ask a question.

Ask for an email reply, as they can say anything they want,by phone reply.

Maybe you should wait for the actual decision first......

Did the Oncologist follow our IMO criteria here at hadit?

Saints, I am hardly the queen of this site...we have MANY here who help...and soon I will need to be spending a lot less time here ...as soon as the snow melts ...

However, the USPS guy calls me the Amazon Queen.

I buy a lot from amazon.com. Not many big stores out here in the boonies.

Edited by Berta

Thank you Berta,I gave my oncologist a sample of a nexus letter and he wrote his

Letter in his own words. He said in his opinion that the tumor was at least as likely

As not caused by the contaminated water at camp Lejeune. Can you tell me what you think

About the following statements,VSO says final decision was made by the first examiner

Louisville says final decision was made by medical doctor on rating board. I am so

confused about he said,she said. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do

After I contact the VARO? Is there anywhere online that I can find the actual decision

Or do I just wait? Can you send an outline as to the correct steps I should use in filing

An appeal.

Thanks

marinevet61,

Did your oncologist support his opinion in his IMO with reasonable medical rationale (medical articles, toxicology reports, other professional opinions, etc.)?

If your oncologist only stated it was his opinion that your tumor was "at least as likely as not" caused by the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune and did not include reasonable medical rationale supporting his opinion in his IMO, the IMO would not be considered a credible medical opinion for the VA to service connect your tumor and grant disability compensation. Make sure the IMO contains the reasonable medical rationale before you submit it to the VA. According to the VA, a majority of the Camp Lejeune water contamination claims are being denied due to the lack of "credible medical opinion" showing a connection between the claimed disease and the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.

I hope you prevail with your claim. I served 1968, 1969 and 1970 at Camp Lejeune and received my drinking water and bathing water from the Hadnot Point water reservoir. My serious diseases are all on the Agent Orange presumptive list so I have not found it necessary to file a claim for any disease due to the Camp Lejeune water contamination.

Good luck and take care of your self.

Semper Fi.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Advice GP!

.............Buck!