Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Without Notification

Rate this question

marinevet61

Question

I recently found a c&p note in myhealthevet that was completed by a MD in Asheville VAMC.

I am a Camp Lejeune vet and have a claim for Camp Lejeune contaminated water. All Camp

Lejeune claims are supposed to be at the Louisville Ky RO. The examiner stated that my cfile

And my military medical records were used along with 5 studies from Vistaweb Webcrawler,which

Was not in detail only web addresses.This exam was done February 13 2015,the examiner did not

Have my medical evidence to review,because it was not entered into the system until February

19 2015. The term TREMOR was used by the examiner, this is incorrect. The correct term is

Tumor. Can this exam be used against me or can I ask for this to be reconsidered? Any advice

Will be greatly appreciated.

Marinevet61

Georgiapapa

My oncologist did not refer to any medical studies or toxicology reports. He commented on the surgery

And stated "He has no other known risk factors for glioblastoma". Correction of oncologist statement

At least as likely as not. " it is in my opinion, more likely than not,his brain tumor is related

To contaminated water exposure"

He also referred to the aphasia that I now have due to the tumor.

Edited by marinevet61

marinevet61,

I believe the IMO prepared by your oncologist will have to show how he arrived at the opinion that your brain tumor was caused by the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. I am just not sure that a general statement that you have "no other risk factors for glioblastoma" will pass muster with the VA. According to info on the Internet, the only known risk factor for glioblastoma is radiation exposure.

You should research TCE, PCE, benzene, and vinyl chloride to see if you can find anything suggesting these substances may be associated with brain cancers. Perhaps, if you could find some studies or medical articles showing a connection between any of the toxic agents found in the Camp Lejeune water and Glioblastoma, you could submit the info along with the IMO.

Hopefully others will chime in and give you their suggestions.

Good luck.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember they try everything under the sun to be denied!

.................Buck!

Thanks georgiapappa for the info. I do have some articles and studies on the

VOCs. I am going to try to get my neurologist to write a letter for me. All

I can do is ask. I have tried for 18 years to get my cfile and my military

Medical records,all to no avail. Wrote letters to NPRC all they sent was my

Personnel records,which I already had.Finally I called congressman's office

And requested help in getting my medical records. After all this time they sent

A CD which cannot hold more than 10 pages to the congressman's office and it

Was forwarded to me via mail. I know that my military medical records contain

More information than the CD has on it.

I agree with Berta, but would add that, in your NOD (after you get the decision), you should include the portion in blue in your NOD, per Chris Attig:

(The blue portion contains wording which challenges the medical examiner's credentials). Remember, the medical examiner is presumed to be competent absent a rebuttal by the Veteran. So, if you appeal and say nothing about the examiner competency in your NOD, your attorney can not bring that issue up at the CAVC.

Edited by broncovet