VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Acupunture Is Now A Part Of Treatment

Rate this topic

Chronic pain suffers, most of the time I have nothing but bad stuff to say

about treatment for pain at Atlanta VA or any other pain management programs

at VA. I been in treatment for about 7 weeks and I must say I feel better and doing

more things than I have in a very long time my pain level was 8-9 everyday now its a 4-5

at most. Atlanta was trying this acupuncture treatment out with chronic pain patients and to lower narcotics

use. It help me and most vets who have tried it have said they have great success with their treatment

so now they are adding more doctors at Atlanta Vamc to begin treating patients with acupuncture for chronic pain

suffers. If you haven't tried this its a good time to ask for it and go to it with a positive feeling

to try something new and to lower your narcotic use it might help a lot more veterans They had one

person doing this on '' A hidden list to see him at first they told me they didn't offer this at ATL VA than

after complaining to higher ups for some type of treatment because of VA cutting back on the pill. They have to

offer you something else that has to work for You. Then they told me he wasn't taking anymore patients

''BINGO'' for me send me to a fee base or outside provider. They did and I just had to say something good

at least one time best thing ever from VA. jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

This is good to know,

I am glad the acupuncture is helping you.

The only down side with my VAMC is they only have one Dr doing the Acupuncture the appointment times are for ever! 60 90 days wait... and I believe with chronic pain it needs to be done every 30 days.

jmo

..................Buck

This is good to know,

I am glad the acupuncture is helping you.

The only down side with my VAMC is they only have one Dr doing the Acupuncture the appointment times are for ever! 60 90 days wait... and I believe with chronic pain it needs to be done every 30 days.

jmo

..................Buck

60 day wait time is a reason to use fee base that's how I got my treatment

through a outside providers and I go twice a week

This is good to know,I am glad the acupuncture is helping you.The only down side with my VAMC is they only have one Dr doing the Acupuncture the appointment times are for ever! 60 90 days wait... and I believe with chronic pain it needs to be done every 30 days.jmo..................Buck

Buck,

According to an acupuncture website I just viewed, acupuncture in China is typically performed 2 to 5 times per week for chronic pain. Since the Chinese are the experts on acupuncture, I would think better results would be achieved if veterans were offered acupuncture 2 to 5 times per week. However, I realize the VA would have to hire a lot more Acupuncturists to be able to provide acupuncture sessions as often as they are really needed.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree GP

I ask my pcp about the free base out-patient care she looked at me Like what??

It is very expensive per session I can't afford to pay for it.

...............Buck

I just had this Treatment on Tues for the first time at the VA. I am unable to take pains due to Crohns and 2 blood transfusions. I found the acupuncture to be painful, and could barely walk the next day. I also have a Tens unit, but I cant seem to find anything that will work for my back and joint pain. Glad to hear the VA is doing this treatment, it should help a lot of Vets out there.