Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We'll See What Happens

Rate this question

SeattleShay

Question

I finally snapped this weekend and wrote "the letter" to Allison Hickey.

I explained why it was so hard because Seattle RO has a long and vivid history of retaliation and targeting vets that ask for help.

We'll see what happens...I haven't had any C&Ps yet..

Keep ur fingers crossed.

You will get an answer and a bunch of phone calls. I pray that your one of the vets that do get help without retaliation. Remember I'm the only one that has had a bad result out of say 100. So that is some good odds!!!! Really good odds!!

Think positive and when you get the calls make sure you get their full name. It is easier to find their email address. Also start writing down all facts,, no opinions of your case. When it was opened, times you have called, etc. Also everything that you want to say. When you get the call it almost seems you forget all what you wanted to say, etc

Be polite in my experience, as honey is better than salt or however that saying goes.

Like stated before, many vets have had good experiences with the help of the under secretary. You might get multiple exams for same issue, those exams re examed, etc. have c&p scheduled far away or told to be at one location when it is really at another location. Play there game and my opinion you will succeed especially if you have all the correct evidence.

Good luck, God Bless!!! Keep us informed.

As I predicted "Ask Bob" and "ask Alison" are rapidly becoming ineffective at solving problems just like "contact your congressman" has become.

Many feel "contact your congressmen" simply irks VARO's and accomplishes nothing or even less than nothing. When a congressional inquiry comes to the VA, the guys say, "ok, I will pull the file". Then, some big shot VA guy says to the congress critter..."Yea we are working on that claim...sorry its taken 12 years for an initial decsion, but we employees are underpaid and overworked..did I mention the backlog? We will get to this vets claim as soon as we can, and may even get to it before he dies."

Now, Ask Bob and ask Allison is having a similar effect, once the "newness" has worn off. They simply tell allison, "I will look into that right away"...and then go back to the same old same old. I experienced exactly that.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's good SeattleShay,

Hope you get some good favorable results.

I suppose emailing Bob or Ms Allison is the veterans only hope when nothing else seems to help!

I believe his/her presents helps wake up them idiots in the claims dept if they intend to keep there ''hi-paying'' job

jmo

...................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

SeattleShay:

I'm sorry that you are going thru this and it appears that folks are getting some help going directly to Mrs. Hickey for help with older cases? That said, by now the volumne of emails that she is getting on a daily basis must be huge at this point. Anyway...best of luck to you and I hope that you get a very rapid response...

Sorry to hear of your troubles bud. I know how you feel my current claim is in the Prep for Decision phase for the second time, this time over 2 months and nothing. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

No calls today from VA, but didn't really expect it. Figured Mondays have got to be "slam" days after the weekend.

Holding out hope for tomorrow.