Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Claims

Rate this question

lcurle

Question

Hey all,

I just put in a claim. Since I was denied Tendonitis for my R ankle and due to the chronic nature of it, I filed for Tendonosis. In addition to that I filed a secondary "Chronic Back Pain" to my lower lumbar degeneration as well as IU due to said conditions. Since I am in now unable to move very well, 32 years old btw, I am debating about going to the VAMC ER since the muscle relaxers and naproxin that was prescribed to me does nothing. The only thin that touches my pain and allows me to move freely is cannabis. Unsure what to do, this morning I was unable to move until my wife helped me out of bed. Debating about going to the VA today....any advice is appreciated. If this is what my life is going to be like unsure if I can handle it.

Curle

11B2V2B

3rd Ranger BTN, 1/503rd Inf, 2/14Inf, 2/87Inf, 1/71 RSTA

Iceturkee,

I'm not exactly sure. I have a copy of the C&P Doc's report, but it only has her notes. I will have to look at them when I get off work, today, and see what she noted from the MRI. The MRI made all the difference, tho. I will have to get a copy of the MRI notes as well, and then post them here. Will take me a few days, since I can only get to the VA on Monday's normally, since I'm off work on Mondays.

Semper Fi.

Andy

thanks andy. i am 40 percent for my back and i love comparing notes. that's why i asked.

no worries, Steph, we all need to be on the same page when it comes to the VA and any insight would be beneficial to all involved.

Curle

11B2V2B

Steph,

Perhaps you can sit down with him and go over his SMR and look at what injuries or issues he had and see if anything isn't being addressed. I am finding out that you have to claim everything separately, like sciatica, because they won't automatically give it just because your disc is blown out and pressing against your spinal column.

iceturkee,

Comparing notes is how I learned about claiming the sciatica as a stand alone SCD claim. Strength in numbers!

Icurle,

Have you tried requesting an MRI? I don't know if that's something we can do, with the claims process, or not.

Semper Fi

Andy

I have one scheduled already after yelling at my PCP since his general response to everything is, "What do you want me to do?"

Curle

11B2V2B

Just noticed this...possible CUE?

This is the most recent

lumbar spine degenerative arthritis 20% Service Connected 06/25/2014

lower back condition Not Service Connected Predischarge Exam (2004)

This last one was from when I ETS'd back in 2005.

Edited by lcurle

Curle

11B2V2B