Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reviewing C-File

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

It never dawned on me when I went to a C & P exam that more then one of my C & P examiners told me to take care of myself and if I needed anything to return to the VA. In reviewing my C- File that I received I notice a lot of my records are out of order. When I went to a few of my C & P exams the examiners told me that it would take them some time to review my C-File and then showed me a cart that had a bunch of C-Files on it.

When I finally received my C -File from VA it was a case of records that I could not even pick up. I had to slide the box in my house. It was so many documents I did not even know where to begin so I left it alone. A few weeks after I received a CD copy of my C-File from my attorney and it was well over 3000 pages. I recently noticed that my treatment records are out of order. I was told once that I had multiple volumes that made up my C-File but if these records were in different volumes when my claim was rated and the rater did not go through my entire records then they could have definitely miss some pertinent evidence.

It is very important for veterans to get a copy of their C-File and go through it very carefully. I found evidence that VA said I never had and it was in my file all the time. I am currently going through an appeal that been going on for over a decade and I am trying to get a correct effective date. I wish I had all these records years ago, I would be in a better place. Now I have to fight for an EED/Percentage. I hope this post will help some veterans and encourage them to get a copy of their C-File and go through it page by page.

Hope the best.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete 992 this is for another veteran I am helping...

.I remember I went to my R0 upon request to see my c-file back in 2002 and it was not there...so this is why I ask this question...can a veteran request to see his c-file before a hearing?

I never got to see my c-file before my hearing, Lucky I had took new & more material as medical evidence to my Hearing.

They may not let you take or add anything to your c-file but a VSO can make you copies and that's what I went to see my c-file for. but I did get a form stating my c-file was not there I think its form 95'' report of contact''

I am just in fear this is what will happen to this veteran.

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

All of my husband's letters to V.A. asking for copies of his C file are missing from his file. We never got the complete C file until appeals were exhausted on the effective date. I have some advice when your looking at your file. Look carefully at the last known address of the veteran shown on each V.A. examination prior to the rating decision then look carefully at the address of the letter shown on each rating decision. I mention this because V.A. sometimes fails to notify the

veteran at the latest address of record of a decision meaning that the claim is still pending. Also look carefully at every piece of correspondence you sent to the V.A. in case V.A. failed to prepare a statement of case after you filed a notice of disagreement. Also look for any pending unprocessed claims.

Folks, I think we are missing the boat regarding C-files.

The c-file is a collection of all relevant paperwork, medical or administrative, related to the claim.

The real issue is the VA making decisions without all of the proper medical paperwork being available during the decision phase.

If its intentional, then its grounds to be fired.

But if its not, the ability to digitize all medical and relevant paperwork under a veterans SSN is pertinent.

The system is fairly straight forward to be service connected; however the execution of timely and precise review (documents) is what seems to be hindering the process.

It is crazy to think a claim should take years to finish.

If its more manpower, then lets increase manpower.

I suspect its something more, but have no proof.

In service injury, current diagnosis, and nexus/IMO/continuity of symptomology/chronicity.

Fairly simple, but complicated because verifiable medical documentation isn't being included in the decision making process.

"NEVER GIVE UP"