VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20% Disabled Id Card?

Rate this question

ktm rider

Question

Hello,

I have searched and searched for an answer to this question but there just doesn't seem to be one out there so I will ask here.

How do I get some kind of ID card proving 20% disability? Everytime I try to use a veterans discount for something they ask for an ID card. I am talking about trivial things of course like discounts at Lowe's for instance.

Do I just go to my local VA clinic? (About 45 miles away) Or do I go to the VARO or VAMC, which is in Houston, and apply for a card? I got the little card in the mail a while back for the Veterans Choice Card Temporary Program, but that's it other than the eligibility paperwork, but nothing else has been mailed.

Guess I just need to make a trip. Which place to do y'all recommend I go to obtain the VIC card?

Mark

Mark,

I got my most recent (2014) VA Identification card at my VA outpatient clinic. If you are already in the VA healthcare system, I am surprised you do not already have a VA ID card.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

As for as prices at the Commissary

We went to Barksdale Air Force Base in Shreveport/Bossier City,La (Where they took the President during 911)

Anyway we didn't find the prices on Food Products to be cheaper than Wal-mart other than the no tax.

It basically was not worth the trip from Dallas.

Wife was disappointed.

.............Buck

Mark,

I got my most recent (2014) VA Identification card at my VA outpatient clinic. If you are already in the VA healthcare system, I am surprised you do not already have a VA ID card.

GP

To be honest, I really didn't think I would qualify for regular VA healthcare, outside of treatment for my service-connected issues, tinnitus and hearing loss in one ear. I'm still in the middle of a NOD, and have just been receiving paperwork periodically from the VA regarding healthcare, including the recent card.

However, I finally got access to my "Blue Button" health information, and notice that in my VA Demographics under Means Test Status, it says, "No Longer Required". I am assuming that I must have it. I'll try to get to the nearest VA outpatient clinic and go in to check and see what is what, and see if I can get a card issued. It would be a great bit of peace of mind to know that I will have health coverage of some sort at least. Thanks again!

Mark