Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Voc Rehab Letater And C&p

Rate this question

sabrem

Question

I applied on 1/29/2015 for IU for my 70% bipolar with a letter from my doctor saying I can't work. I also was found unfeasible for employment by voc rehab and am waiting on the letter from them to submit.

I had a c&p on the 13th and looking over the results I'm kind of worried.

Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks, although generally functioning satisfactory, with normal routine behavior, self-care and conversation.

I'm worried that this will not only get me denied but my rating lowered.

My question is how much will my doctors opinion and voc rehab decision help my case compared to the c&p?

Looks to me your good to go, next stop IU Award. How long have you been waiting on the Voc Rehab Letter?

VA raters are supposed to contact (walk down the hall usually) your Voc Rehab counciler when they are made aware that a Vet with an IU claim pending, is or has been enrolled in VA Voc Rehab.

Based on my personal experience, don't count on the rater. If you've been waiting longer than 2 weeks waiting for the Denial letter, time to pick it up yourself. I completed a "Sworn Affidavit" regarding my IU claim and hand delivered both (Affidavit & Voc Rehab Denial Letter) to the VARO Reception Desk for receipt and date stamp the same day I picked up my letter.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Welcome aboard, and it looks like you will either get IU or continue at 70%. Either way good luck and God Bless my friend.

Thank you both. I have been waiting in the voc rehab letter for about two weeks so I'll see about picking that up in person in the next few days.

I'll keep hoping for the best.

The infeasiblity letter was uploaded to ebenifits. Should I also go to my VSO and give him a copy as well?

I guess now I just sit and wait. In the meantime I have a independent living home assessment coming up.

When I went through the process I was able to see the voc rehab comments thru Blue Button...you might want to check and see if anything is there. If there is and it says that you can't work then print that out, highlight it, and scan it to your file. I faxed paperwork from the voc rehab, metlife, and SS to make sure they were getting a clear picture about my situation and work issues. I too was rated for PTSD/Bipolar. It's hard to work consistently and I don't see why they won't approve it. Also make sure you scan your doctors notes as well...

How Ironic,

So I put in a IU claim, along with other increase/reopen/new claims and it came back June 4th. I am a 70%, the VA only gave me another 10% award for a skin condition that is on CFR supposed to be 60% but the VA like always is being stubborn.

My IU claim.. i was hoping that the Councilor for VOC rehab would provide a discharge letter like they Said months ago but it did not happen and i am still enrolled in College...failing..

ONce upon a time months ago, my Voc Rehab councilor asked what i needed her to write/say in a letter of discharge.. then it got political weeks after were she said she had to check with Supervisor to see how to do this... weeks went by.. she got pneumonia and we went back and forth with the when can i get the letter and what to do with the University enrolment.

as days went by , my clinical VA social worker wrote a letter saying basically i am not employable on VA letter head with explanations of the how he had seen me deteriate and reasons why. I gave this the the VOC rehab councilor and she said that VOC rehab writes things different and can't just say it like the social worker says.. ok.. waiting..

Uploaded the letter to ebenefits, no letter from Voc rehab.. who contacts me later to say i need to look into Independent living services.. wtf She tells me basically this is procedure.. well i am still confused about this other than the fact that there are tiers of this program all but one make you get on track to return to work, so all but one fits me as i am asking for IU, well again.. silence from VOC rehab, as days go by again.. Then i get the VA claims letter "Denied IU "it was determined you are capable of sedentary employment, as your headaches were controlled with medications. Well can't lie to neurology and say nothing works, i said sometimes medz work with short promises and sometimes they Don't.. this was not communicated to the VA, not surprised..

So I emailed someone and got the VOC rehab department to respond "supervisor i guess" telling me that they will get back to me to work with a Chapter 31 solution?

IN the meantime.. i don't know what to expect from any discharge letter, i am assuming it is not going to say what i need or want, just probably that i want to discharge myself which is not fair, but if i get a discharge due to my medical conditions like the voc rehab promised i wonder if the VA will even consider it, so now anyway i have to do a NOD for this right?

I am also trying to get a IMO from my DR. but he is hesitant... wish me luck and thank you for sharing your story fella's.