Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got My Rating!

Rate this topic

Stpn2me

Ok, backstory:

Retired Army Maj. Effective retirement date: Dec 2013. Put in my disability claim August 2013 while on terminal leave. Here is what I claimed:

Sleep Apnea

Knee pain

joint pain

GERD

PTSD

Bad Ankles

Since I had been waiting for two years, I sent an email to the undersecretary. Her email got things rolling! I just got off the phone with the Rep she told to help me. I'm in the decision approval stage and the Rep says it looks like I'll get 60%. The only thing approved is Sleep Apnea and 10% for something else. I'm glad this process is over. It's been a very long time.

One question I have is, how far does the retro go back? And since I'm over 50%, I don't think they will offset my retired pay. How long will I have to wait before I get the backpayment? The rep said they would try to get it to me for June, but I don't know if that's going to be possible....

Glad to be here...

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats you should get back pay to when you filed claim. It usually comes fairly soon. Make sure they have marriage license and birth certificates if it applies.

Stpn2me:

Congrats and too bad it took 2 years to find out...how many contentions did you have...you should get a very nice retro check...after all of the proper folks are contacted. Was you SA diagnoised in service and at what point in your career.?I have OSA which was diagnosied in the (Army) service and my claim has been in the Pending Approval Stage for almost 7 weeks, so I should know very soon...anyway....wonderful news for you again...godspeed,,,

Edited by rootbeer22

So, now you gots to go through your SMR to find all the evidence you need to appeal all those denied contentions overturned. And congratulations!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use