Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got My Rating!

Rate this topic

Stpn2me

Thanks Julie...

I'm just waiting for the retro now. My big envelope was mailed either yesterday or today. Because I live in Winston Salem, I should get it tomorrow or Sat. Would be nice to get the RETRO before it gets here! I can hold out hope.... :biggrin:

Ok guys,

Just got off the phone with the Winston Salem office. I was showing $1059 a month with 60% rating. That is the person without wife and kids rate. I entered in my wife and two kids to ebenefits last night. He said the computer validated them and my new 60% rate is $1275 a month starting July 1. 18 months retro back to Jan 2014. He said DFAS should do a data dump on or about 20 June and to call him back if I didn't get the retro by 22 or 23 June. He said he only expects retro to take a couple of months or less.

We shall see....I think I will still fax my award letter to DFAS just to let them know I have a rating, I don't know if it will have any effect....

That's great! Should make things a little easier $ wise for you.

Now ya gotta go for the rest of your listed contentions!

Yep,

I'm going to wait until I get my retro though, my luck it might stop something!

My thought is, VA knows I'm a 20 year retired Vet. Since this is known and my rating is known, why does this have to go back to DFAS? They know I'm going to be in concurrent pay status, why not just cut the check? It's really as simple as checking a box labeled "Is veteran 20 year + retired"? Well, in my simple mind anyway...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use