Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Incredibly Fast Success Story

Rate this topic

mmbe8870

Congratulations guys, you did it. You guys deserve it. Life just got a whole lot easier.

Just please take care of your Husbands health condition, and everything else will be just fine...

Good luck, and God Bless.

Aggie

This is the new VBMS at work. A completely automated claim with word-searchable .PDFs as Braille to lead the blind raters to a correct decision. In the old VA model, before they got busted and forced into electronic conformity with the rest of the US Govt., they could operate their paper system and it appeared to manipulate it into delays that separated evidence from c-file until after a decision had been rendered. This gained everyone (except the Vet) time to appeal it and ensures work for everyone-for eternity. $45,000/ year VSO service reps in funny hats across the fruited plain are not amused by VBMS. It's far too fast for them. Add in attorneys and you can see why they are losing membership and being marginalized. I can see it here at work subtly in that there are far more success stories on an annual basis than in previous years. The days of taking 21 years (and still counting) to get it right are getting far fewer -as they should.

VBMS is the USS Enterprise at Warp 5 because it is now a matter of bytes electronically with enough space to move from Point A to Point B. Except for a little human intervention to ensure everything is proper, the computer spits out the decision based on the W-S .PDFs. It cannot cheat. If it did, it would have to come up with a reasons and bases section predicated on illegal law. You can't not program 38 CFR and 38 USC into it. That, and the M-28 1MR, as actually written and correctly interpreted, absent any "human intervention", will probably yield USB Allison Hickey's perennial rejoinder "125 days and 98% accuracy by 2015". At that time, bonuses might be in order but not before.

Being an eternal optimist born on April Fool's day, I say hooray.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on a fast win....good news! :smile:

mmbe8870,

Congratulations to you and your husband. I wish all VA claims were processed as quick as your husband's claim.

Good luck to both of you and please express my appreciation to your husband for his service.

GP

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use