Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Do Some Keep Pushing?

Rate this question

coastie72

Question

I know there must be a reason but I have yet to understand why so many that are already rated 100% keep pushing for more service connection? What is the benefit in doing this.

Obviously I am not 100% and might never be, but in my mind once that percentage is achieved what's the point.

I hope I am not rubbing anyone wrong, that is not my intent. I am just trying to understand.

True dat ,,, !!!!

That's exactly why I keep digging through my SMR, and all related paperwork from the VA, that I have received so far. My wife keeps telling me to "quit screwing with that junk" and so on. She doesn't understand and doesn't support me, but I said " U don't tell me to give back the $ on the first of every month, do you?" I've got at least a half dozen cliams that were denied, but I will not let them go, as soon as I get my C-file, I will go again. And again, if I have to.

Fat: No imagining necessary, look what was proposed in mid 14 as a possible way to reduce the amount of money going to IU Vets. The CBO had a list of possible proposals for cutting IU Compensation, including excluding Vets on SSI. There is always some Pencil Neck trying to justify their jobs by cutting VA Compensation. I have to include that if it had passed, it would have been phased in so it wouldn't hurt so bad. Give me a break.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It also helps to give the VA an accurate assessment of the costs of military service. I don't know if anything they learn statistically ever gets consumed by the active armed forces or our lawmakers, but I hope that one day the military will be able to learn how to prevent some of the problems that happened to us from happening to the courageous youngsters who plan to serve in the future. I just fear that what they learn will end up stored in a closed filing cabinet and never opened again. George Santayana summed it up when he said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Vync,

One thing to remember when recalling that quote, is also this one, tho I do not know where it originated, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."