Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Do Some Keep Pushing?

Rate this question

coastie72

Question

I know there must be a reason but I have yet to understand why so many that are already rated 100% keep pushing for more service connection? What is the benefit in doing this.

Obviously I am not 100% and might never be, but in my mind once that percentage is achieved what's the point.

I hope I am not rubbing anyone wrong, that is not my intent. I am just trying to understand.

We all knew that when we joined the Military we might go to WAR and be KILLED or POW!!!! What the Recruiters and Govt failed to tell us is, " If You Join the Military You Most Likely Will, Get Hurt, Sick, Blown up but not Killed, Come Home with Unknown Diseases, So Mental you Talk to Yourself, Suffer for Life, Not get the Proper Healthcare and Fight Til the Day we DIE for Benefits that were promised to us From the Beginning!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

We all knew that when we joined the Military we might go to WAR and be KILLED or POW!!!! What the Recruiters and Govt failed to tell us is, " If You Join the Military You Most Likely Will, Get Hurt, Sick, Blown up but not Killed, Come Home with Unknown Diseases, So Mental you Talk to Yourself, Suffer for Life, Not get the Proper Healthcare and Fight Til the Day we DIE for Benefits that were promised to us From the Beginning!!!

First we fight for the gubment, then when we're done with that, we have to fight them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did it for two reasons. The first was I was low balled and could not afford life insurance so I needed a new rating to get premium waived. I was not successful. The second was principal and the VA was not helpful.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Vync,

One thing to remember when recalling that quote, is also this one, tho I do not know where it originated, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Definitely an accurate description of the VA

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Vync,

No doubt, sir. It seems as if they are cut from the same mold as the gov't branch that spends huge amounts to cover up UFOs and such. I can't even begin to fathom what reason they might have to spend huge amounts of $ to deny Veteran's the promised care and relief we deserve.