Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And Earliest Effect Date

Rate this question

DC2NAVY

Question

When someone is granted a % for a disability that meets the min Req to file for IU and its was attached to the Award letter and

you file it. What is the effect date for that IU claim? The date you filed IU or the Date that you met the min requirements to file in

my case 3 years prior. And if you were going to file a NOD would it be on the IU claim itself stating I agree with everything

except the Effective date?And maybe tell them exactly why it should go back? Thanks for all and any responses.

Edited by DC2NAVY

Ive posted a year or so back on my case leading up to this, and would love to continue off that and update the info because

thats how this place works. I can not for the life of me remember my username and or password for that account or even the

email I used. Thats my biggest issue is my memory these last few years. But again thanks for any feed back its much

appreciated.

Edited by DC2NAVY

I agree with Navy04 and there is no need to file the NOD. Simply file for TDIU, if you meet the regulations governing it. You'll be looking for VA Form 21-8940.

Good Luck!

The effective date (for IU) is the later of the date you filed, or the facts found (the date the doc said you are unemployable due to service connected conditions).

There are some exceptions to this, and if you think you can get an EED, then take your file to an attorney and ask him to represent you in getting an earlier date.

• HadIt.com Elder

It possibly can start of the on-set date you became total disable,(Date entitlement arose)

if you have evidence in support of the -on-set date, so when you file for the EED ask for your on-set date if you can prove it.

other wise the EED will be the date when you file for the TDIU.

jmo

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

it seems to be the case that how many times i do ask and the answer is different. As far as getting an attorney I think I will

pass. I havent had one this far and will not be getting one to fight for the Earliest effective date (EED) either. I am already

awarded IU P&T filed last AUG of 2014. Due to the Award I recieved stating 70% PTSD rating effective AUG 2011 recieved on

AUG 2014.

Edited by DC2NAVY