VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused

Rate this question

Rude1122

Question

I put in a claim for IBS and fibromyalgia 8/15. I had a. DBQ and all my medical and buddy statements and all the the other proper forms sent electronically. In march they asked for 21-4142 to get my medical records from my doctors or get them my self. I called the 1800# and they said that they see all my medical records and don't know why they are requesting this. So I sent them again anyway. A month later I see they reopened a old claim. Then it showed up I was claiming anxiety and depression secondary to IBS. I never did this. Now I get a letter saying my old claim was denied because I need new evidence to open it up and they are giving me 30 days. Also the anxiety and depression secondary to Ibs was denied because the I am not service connected for IBS. Like I said I never asked them to reopen my old claim or tried to get a secondary claim they did that. All I put I'm for was Ibs, and Fibromyalgia. I know 9 months isn't long for a claim but I sent in all the documents and I am still at gathering evidence phase. They have no evidence to gather I did that. I am afraid the 30 days will go by and then they will ask for for the evidence again. It's like they are stalling. Any ideas in what I should do?

I hope the VA is not using a stall tactic.

If all the information was previously submitted, wouldn't it already be on ebenefits?

Why is the veteran being asked to resubmit previously submitted information?

Mysterious to say the least.....................

Congratulations! I think the VA often does just that. They dont bother to read your C and p exam, they just deny. They did the same thing with me, twice!

Berta is very good at asking the VA to cue themselves when they do stupid stuff like that...and its a great idea. I just suggest exercising caution: If you ask VA to cue themselves, and you hear nothing for 11 months, then be sure to file a NOD. VA loves to deny appeals because you filed a NOD after 1 year and one second. They can put all those "untimely appeals" in a pile and have a gorilla with a stamp marked, "claim denied due to Veterans failure to file appeal within one year" on all of them. They feed em bannanas.