VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused

Rate this question

Rude1122

Question

I put in a claim for IBS and fibromyalgia 8/15. I had a. DBQ and all my medical and buddy statements and all the the other proper forms sent electronically. In march they asked for 21-4142 to get my medical records from my doctors or get them my self. I called the 1800# and they said that they see all my medical records and don't know why they are requesting this. So I sent them again anyway. A month later I see they reopened a old claim. Then it showed up I was claiming anxiety and depression secondary to IBS. I never did this. Now I get a letter saying my old claim was denied because I need new evidence to open it up and they are giving me 30 days. Also the anxiety and depression secondary to Ibs was denied because the I am not service connected for IBS. Like I said I never asked them to reopen my old claim or tried to get a secondary claim they did that. All I put I'm for was Ibs, and Fibromyalgia. I know 9 months isn't long for a claim but I sent in all the documents and I am still at gathering evidence phase. They have no evidence to gather I did that. I am afraid the 30 days will go by and then they will ask for for the evidence again. It's like they are stalling. Any ideas in what I should do?

Rude, did you file as an FDC? If they (VA) were asking for more medical records, sounds like it ended up as a Regular Axx Claim. If that's the case, 9 months waiting is no time at all.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Rude, I filed 2 FDCs about 02/14 & 04/14 for a Secondary issue, wrong primary SC on 1st FDC. Had a C&P ordered within 2 mos or so, received Denial on 1st FDC and SC Award on 2nd FDC around end of 07/14. I haven't read any posts regarding the VA notifying a Vet that his/her FDC has become a Reg Axx Claim due to the need for more evidence.

What does your VSO Rep have to say? The VSOs located at your VARO have access to more of your claims status info than the VSO Reps located at the VA Hospital or VSO Satellite locations.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I don't have a vso. I went to to talk to a vso last year at a va hospital. He told me that if I didn't have proof, I had it in the service it would get denied. I told him I was in the gulf war and it was presumptive. He said it didn't matter. I decided I was better off doing it myself.

Rude, you made a good move dumping that VSO. Sometimes we are given a news flash like that and should follow our instincts. If your health permits it, I believe you're better off handling it yourself until you can get an attorney to assist with the heavy lifting.

I agree with Berta about getting everything recorded on a paper trail via IRIS or written and sent via certified mail. Personally, I have no use for phone conversations, as the VA tells us anything to get us off the phone and we can't prove the conversation ever happened outside of recording it, which brings up an entirely different conundrum.