• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Well my FDC claim I filed on 2/4/15 is now in PFD

Hopefully it is a positive outcome.....

I filed a claim to connect my teeth(dental) secondary to my ED (Anorexia Nervosa)....

rootbeer,

With any rating, including 0%, the VA assumes responsibility for the veteran's disability. You can have a 0% rating and receive free prescriptions for the service connected condition. If Navy4Life receives a 0% rating for her dental issues, she should be able to receive free VA dental care for those specific dental issues, but only those specific dental issues. JMO

GP

No GP;

Actually I will receive all dental care per the Chief of Dental at the VA hospital. I also attached above the dental benefits for Veteran's and I would be Class I "Any Needed Dental Care"

Steph

Edited by Navy4life

Steph,

I hope I am wrong and you are right. Based on the comments by the Chiwf of Dental at your VAMC, it sounds like I am definitely wrong.

Good luck and take care.

GP

TALON II FE:

I feel the same way....and when I first looked at this board...someone was giving advice to another Vet that said "do your best to submit the very best disability claim that you can and then, get yourself a hobby or find a way to pass the time along" Also, he said, to avoid trying to compare your claim timeline against anyone else's because it's an exercise in futility because there are just too many variables from one person to another? It's all like a big roller-coaster ride that seems to be endless sometimes? But, the good news is that you're getting closer and compared to anyone just starting...you are doing well. For me, I've put my efforts into learning as much as I can about the NOD, DRO, CUEs and Appeals processes in case I have to go there? I've also lined up someone to do IMO's if I need them and have been looking at the success rates of some attorneys if I have to eventually go down that road as well. One of my jobs in the military was working operations war strategies, so I'm always trying to figure out what to do next. But. for me, there's little I can do...because most of it is out of my hands right now...My wife asked me, "What are you going to do if you get a good outcome the first time"...I said the current VBA odds and statistics are against it but if I have to do nothing else...I would be happy and relieved...because I don't have the same energy to battle like I did when I was younger....anyway...good luck and I'll be looking for your favoable outcome on hadit.com as you report it in the near future.....godspeed and good luck...rootbeer22..

Edited by rootbeer22

Honestly, I feel bad for some people here as I have read many stories since coming on this board and my path to 90% with 100% now pending with the current reconsideration claim has been an easy road in comparison to many. Based upon my research here and on other forums, the tulmaltuious, tedious, delayed, and long process that affects many vets maybe due to the vets themselves and not the VA. Seems vets file for anything and everything with some having over 20 contentions. I never filed for anything over two at a time. According to my disability chart on ebenefits it could have been over 7 maximum as they list many medical problems I had in the service that I never bothered to claim for S/C.

The VA must think most vets file claims almost solely for money purposes, and when they do not have all thier ducks lined up in a row, it delays thier claims for not filing properly and others waiting in line. Also, I think if you have many contentions it is best to file one or two of the big ones first and get them out the way, then afterwards file the minuscule ones knowing it will take some time for the VA.

Seems to me, with no offence to those vets who are truly deserving, much of the backlog is due to the veterans themselves.

Edited by Raza23

Most I ever did at one time was 4. It was a shot in the dark. I currently have 2 in various stages of hurry up and wait. Not counting my Child of Nam Vet exposed to AO. Since that one is on it's own special journey down the long unlit hallway to nowhere land.

Semper Fi.

Andy