• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Well my FDC claim I filed on 2/4/15 is now in PFD

Hopefully it is a positive outcome.....

I filed a claim to connect my teeth(dental) secondary to my ED (Anorexia Nervosa)....

Navy4Life:

Curious....how does 0% Dental get you help..I have a dental claim in as well...please educate me on this...

rootbeer,

With any rating, including 0%, the VA assumes responsibility for the veteran's disability. You can have a 0% rating and receive free prescriptions for the service connected condition. If Navy4Life receives a 0% rating for her dental issues, she should be able to receive free VA dental care for those specific dental issues, but only those specific dental issues. JMO

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck Everyone! hopefully you will hear something soon.

...............Buck

Navy4Life:

Curious....how does 0% Dental get you help..I have a dental claim in as well...please educate me on this...

Rootbeer;

I have another thread on my dental claim as well -

but here is the 411 :)

My dental claim is secondary to my eating disorder so if I even get 0% I am covered with dental (see below Class I)

Here is the web page:

http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/ib10-442_dental_benefits_for_veterans_2_14.pdf

Have a service-connected compensable dental disability or condition. Any needed dental care - Class I

Are a former prisoner of war. Any needed dental care. Class IIC

Have service-connected disabilities rated 100% disabling, or are unemployable and paid at the 100% rate due to serviceconnected conditions. Any needed dental care. [Please note: Veterans paid at the 100% rate based on a temporary rating, such as extended hospitalization for a serviceconnected disability, convalescence or pre-stabilization are not eligible for comprehensive outpatient dental services based on this temporary rating]. Class IV

Apply for dental care within 180 days of discharge or release (under conditions other than dishonorable) from a period of active duty of 90 days or more during the Persian Gulf War era. One-time dental care if your DD214 certificate of discharge does not indicate that a complete dental examination and all appropriate dental treatment had been rendered prior to discharge.* Class II

Edited by Navy4life