Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success After 5 Yrs.....kinda

Rate this topic

JuanP

Without you guys here at Hadit, I would never have gotten this far. Nor do I believe I would have had the good sense to dump my lawyer and follow the experiences of real Vets (as I like to think about yall - Vets with an ax to grind!!)

I have been mostly silent for the last yr and a half because, well, I gave everything I had left in order to get my last submissions in to the BVA. Litterally, I had nothing left and still dont have much stored up to think about this any further.

But, SUCCESS!! I think.

In Feb2015 the BVA decided SC for my main issue which is my neck. I have spinal stenosis and almost everything else flows from there. R & L arm, R & L leg, etc. So even thought the eBenifits website says 60% I feel like the rest is all dominoes downhill from there. I dont want to make waves about what they left off til my money gets flowing.

The Judge awarded SC for my back and I have been waiting patiently ever since for my verification letter from regional with the %'s and compensation award amount.

and waiting, and waiting, and waiting......

3 weeks ago I called and spoke to Denise who in formed me that, get this, for no apparent reason my verification letter got stopped in the process and just poof gone.

POOF! No reason, no nothing. It just did not get sent out and moved no further along.

She sent out an email to whomever and requested that my stuff contiue through whatever process they have and told me I should hopefully be looking for my letter in about 10 days.

This was 3 weeks ago and I've heard nothing. I've tried calling the last 2 days and can not get through to anyone. So I continue to wait and stress as the days go by.

Its easier in someways when you know that its all in some distant far away destination, but here I am now with a 4 month old judges decision and no verification letter.

My family has suffered enough on one income. My daughters HS formative years have come and gone with my lack of income.

I want my money!!!!!

So, the struggle continues, but these people ain't right.

For those of you who remember me, I'm in FL and my regional is Tampa. So do you have any suggestions?

And again, without Hadit I would have never been able to compile the information nor strength that I needed to get this far. A very sincere thank you.

Not to be repetitive, but a sincere Thank You to all of those who help me and others on this board. I don't know any of you, but trust you more than I do the government, crazy huh?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have an email and phone number for the RO Director in Tampa.I will post it here in a minute.

Or was Denise their Director?

I remember you Juan and am VERY happy you succeed at the BVA level but this is the craps....

Lots of vets here are having problems with stuff like this....and ebenefits ,as to their appeal status section. is buggered until September.

I know how frustrated you must feel and I think alot of this VA BS is practically criminal,because it hurts so many vets and their families.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

OK so then I'm not crazy!!! They are out to get me, lol is that what you're saying? !! Haha. I mean it Berta. I mean every word of it. You guys here in this communtiy are the reason I've gotten this far.

Denise was just a woman on the other end of the phone. Older lady, extrememly nice and I didn't even need to prod her to look further into this. She went in there dug around and litterly said "Uh, oh. Oh no. I hope this isn't what happened" (this was I think to herself out loud because there was nothing said to elicit that response.) And then she told me of the snafu and went directly into sending an email out asking them to expedite.

So I'm really afraid to push and call too much because that is exactly how easy it is for them to --------- lose my case

Not to be repetitive, but a sincere Thank You to all of those who help me and others on this board. I don't know any of you, but trust you more than I do the government, crazy huh?

Juan, do you mean the St. Petersburg VA in Fla? I am not aware of Tampa VARO

St. Petersberg

Director Kerry Witty 727-319-5900

Fax 727-319-7758

email Kerrie.witty@va.gov

VSCM Sandra Smith 727-319-7672

AVCSM Larry Brown 727-319-7363

AVCSM Millie Caban 727-319-5855

• HadIt.com Elder

Juan, Call Allison Hickeys office and explain it to her staff.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I agree she might be able to help faster then later.....

allison.hickey@ va.gov

Juan you have been away from hadit too long.. :ohmy: .....there are so many scandals that have happened at Ros not to mention St Pete's since your last visit here.: :wacko:

http://tbo.com/list/military-news/va-investigation-finds-disarray-at-st-pete-benefits-office-20140516/

No you sure aint crazy, VA is screwing up claims more these days ,than in the past 20 plus years I have dealt with them.

Or maybe they were always that bad but it took some VA whistleblowers to catch some of their big shenanigans.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use