Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success - But It Looks Like May An Error - 80%?

Rate this topic

rootbeer22

Folks:

I just opened up "ebenefits" and it says 80% (140% Overall) Service Connected! But the claims status says "Status Change" then from "Pending Decision Approval" (for 10 weeks) then back to "Gathering Evidence" today in claim status area? It never went to "Prep for Notification" ? So I then checked and it gave me a status of all of my original FDC submitted contentions, and said most were approved for SC, a few were deferred and a handfull were not service connected. Also, a friend at my office said to quickly download all of the posted letters because mistakes are made sometimes, but they all say the 80% and also provided the extended benefits that go with 80% if it were official? Anyway, I wanted to jump (and still do) for joy at first but if you remember my earlier posts, there were some odd delays with my claim? Consequently, I was pending "Decision Approval" for 10 weeks, so I called the 1 800 # rep 2 weeks ago and he said "your claim had been decided already and signed off"? But then he hesitated and he said, "wait just a minute as he looked at the claims notes, then he said, "it appears that they've re-orderd more DBQ tests" for your claim and it's not done yet? So, I have those additional tests scheduled over the next week and do the first one tommroow. But, when I looked at the new DBQ's/ tests that were ordered and they also are related to the same contentions for the new exams for this week? It says that they are all of the newly ordred exams are for defered contentions -which makes sense because they need to be finished? But, earlier the 1 800# rep left me with the impression that I first needed to get these last DBQ's tests done before my claim would be finished and the results would be officially announced? Although, he would not tell me directly, I could hear from his demeanor that the results may have been favorable for me - his voice pepped up while he was reading the notes? Once, I saw the ebenefits updates -I make copies of everything-just in case...

At first, I thought it was someone else's claim but all of the contentions match up--so it is my claim- without a doubt. Anyway, So, I'm perplexed now; does this mean my claim is done for the first claims stage and this is really official now, and/or am I now just working thru the deferd contentions now as part of the original claim? Or does, it appear that this information on "ebenefits" was released prematurely before the results of my newly scheduled DBQ/exams are finalised and reviewed by this week by VBA? My biggest fear was that although I knew I had solid smr evidence, I was worried that it was not digitised in VBMS due to the FOIA issues I went thru? This is very interesitng turn of events because I've been working on an article to publish regarding what I've gone thru with the ups/downs of the FDC Program from the start and I hear that the FDC is going away soon as the backlog gets down?

Anyway, does this seem offcial or does it seem to be a premature release of information since the claim never went to the "Notification Stage" and therefore not officially completed? Has anyone had experience with something like this before?

Edited by rootbeer22

I am wiling to bet that its official but you will never know until you receive payment. It sound like you had a few things deferred for further medical opinion and you are working thru these items now. Your award package should;d tell you what was deferred and why.

rootbeer22,

I dont know your particulars, however,

I have had a claim decided, for example acne, only to have it wait for another C&P for "scars" which is a seperate rating, so I think your fine and they are covering there bases. I had the exact same thing happen with plantar warts, decided, but another exam for scars.

If eBenifits shows 80, I would go with that for now. As far as your money, well thats a crap shoot all together.

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

I agree with the rest of the folks, wait for the decision letter and the deposit. For what it is worth though congrats. I'm sure once you get the decision letter you can dissect it and see what and how they goofed. Still awesome though. Congrats.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Folks:

Thanks

When I opened up Ebenefits today, I almost had a heart attack... I was thinking about the years and years of physical pain that I've endured after I was hurt in the Army. Also, It took my wife to push me to make the claim who said, " you can barely get out of bed each morning" so make the claim to be covered for your injuries in the future. She's right as I get older, each day gets's tougher. That said, this outcome is the direct result of Vets on this board providing awesome guidance and helping me with this claim. I was pretty lost before I came to Hadit.com and it was the best decision I've made so far with regard the claim besides getting rid of the VSO that led me astray, and that I was working with.

Thanks again to everyone on this board that helps Veterans like me to be more successful with their complicated claims. I miss that connection from the Army and the teamwork that achieves mission success. I' m dedicated now to learning more and helping other Vets so I can pay back to Hadit.com and it's members...With my assistance ...Godspeed and thanks to everyone that helped and encouraged me, especially when I felt down and needed the support and encouragement...as I was on the Rollercoaster..

Edited by rootbeer22

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use