Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Claim Sinusitis

Rate this question

jusus27360

Question

I just found medical records that said that i had real bad sinus infection off an on for 5 yesrs. I had an mri done in feb 15 for severe headaches an they saw that one of my sinus cavity is completely closed an will require surgery to fix this problem. Can I claim this? Thanks for any input.

I trust you started an FDC on your E-Ben site as soon as you thought you might have an SC claim, right? Even if you think you need more time to research or gather evidence, always establish a New Claim File Date, then hit the send button sometime within the next 11 months.

Let the VA Rater figure it out. Even a SC @ 0% is good, never know when a Secondary related SC worth a larger % might pop up.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Polyps refer to a Rhinitis claim.

Mucosal thickening and residuals (headache, pain, purulent discharge, crusting) refers to a sinusitis claim.

The number one issue that has to be conquered is a current "chronic sinusitis" diagnosis.

This is supported by a CT Scan or x-ray.

After you have the current diagnosis, they will want the office notes.

Make sure the doctor lists residuals associated with the sinusitis.

Based on the CT Scan or x-ray, the ENT will associate the sinusitis with a particular region of the sinuses (maxillary, frontal, sphenoid, ethmoid).

If all the sinus regions are affected at any time or any one time, is called pansinusitis.

A CT Scan of the sinuses is the best test to confirm sinusitis.

NEVER GIVE UP

Edited by Fat

I have both rhinitis and pansinusitis. I thought that was fairly common to have both issues complicating each other if a person has these issues.