Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Adding Ptsd To Bipolar Adjustment Disorder

Rate this question

lynnga

Question

Hello all, new here. Have questions. I've already opened a new claim and am awaiting my exam, so I think I have to wait to open a new claim after this one closes for an increase in rating for bipolar adjustment disorder w/ anxiety and depressed mood (also claimed as sleep disorder) which I'm service connected disabled with rating of 30%. This was given after I was honorably discharged in 2007 when enlistment was up after 4 years. My mental health has gotten so much worse. I'm seeing a marriage counselor, private therapist, va psych and my insurance psych (all have release of info to talk to eachother). Anyway I have not worked since 2012, my va dr wrote a letter stating she didn't think I could work due to panic attacks and such.

enlisted weight at age of 20 and no kids was 135

Same when I got out with one child

NOW after 3 kids (youngest will be 2 next month) 104lbs.

I don't eat, I get hardly sleep, anxious, panic attacks, no longer talk to friends and rarely see family outside of my home.

I was also diagnosed ADHD jan 2014 3 months after my 8 year old was when I realized I had all the symptoms they told us in his two week evaluation of ADHD. VA Dr aware.

Also before I enlisted I had to tell the military about my prior sexual abuse as a child by my father. I had no symptoms of anxiety and such prior to military. However, I got married a year in and found out my husband cheated on me and was coming back and forth between us and I was devastated and couldn't handle the emotional roller coaster and the feelings of the guilt and shame associated after I'd have sex with him and he'd leave to go see her. I was admitted into a mental facility for 4-5 days and that's when the above diagnosis was made. But I'm thinking that I could suffer from PTSD because of my childhood and when my ex cheated and used me for sex and then left me, it brought many flashbacks and memories of my childhood and I'm not sure if I can link a claim for PTSD to the mental health comp listed above. Like I said military was aware of sexual abuse prior to service and yes I turned my dad in and he went to jail and have never seen him again.

please help?

• HadIt.com Elder

There are a lot of systems/conditions the VA don't let the Vet know about.

I had Dupytrens Contracture and I see it has a rating for it but to get it SC is something else/you would think the Dr's would let the veteran know it is ratable eh!......it just happen to come up on me had it for like 6 years....that's a condition that the disease starts to tighten up your fingers and it draws your fingers in some times just one finger or all four (mine was my right pinkie) it curls inward and can't use your hand for anything or it makes it hard to.

VA did inject some type of enzyme in the cord and the next day they broke the cord into (very painful) but you get antistatic and that is whats painful...big old long ass needle.

Anyway I never knew it could be rated? don't know how to file a clam on that? anyone know?

................Buck

Edited by Buck52