Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Bva Has Paid Off!

Rate this topic

Ryguy

I checked my mail today, and low and behold THE BOARD OF VETERAN APPEALS has come through for me!!!! I am currently service connected for lumbosacral disability, but was trying to get service connection for upper back and neck (cervical spine). It says ORDERS: Service connection for cervical spine disability is granted, subject to the laws and regulations governing the payment of monetary benefits.

My question is this, this claim goes back to 2008, just the other day I was granted 20 percent for bilateral chronic ankle sprain, which increased my rating from 70% to 80%. If my new percentage for "cervical spine disability" doesn't increase my rating to 90%-100%, am I still qualified for retro pay?

It says my file was forwarded back to the VA office having jurisdiction over this matter., I'm assuming this is where i'll get the rating, am i correct?

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!!!

Edited by Ryguy

Congratulations

You are qualified for retro pay with any net increase. Your retro will be: New Rate minus what you have already been paid.

In short, you will only get the "increased" amount in your retro pay.

Edited by broncovet

Broncovet, please help me understand this , I was just awarded 400.00 retro last week (estimate) dollars from a rating I was awarded from in March, 2015. This rating took me from 70 to 80 percent. So are you saying if I got 20 percent on the BVA's appeal rating, they would back-pay me from March 2008 (the date I originally filed the claim to March 2015, when my last increase was given?

Thanks for helping me figure this out!!!

Edited by Ryguy

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Ryguy,

.......................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use