• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean? Ptsd?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to VAMC today at MH,

seen my Dr...She ask me if I wantd to see a therapist? to possible get better..I said Idon't know but yeah I'd like to get better, she told me to think about it and in the mean time she wants me to see a social worker someone to talk to about things? to maybe help me cope?

I also went & talked to my social worker today and he said I should file a claim to get SC???

heres what I found out via my records today

I went down and got my records.

Anyone know what theses Numbers/Letters mean?

DSM IV PTSD Criteria B is met

DSM IV PTSD Criteria C is met

DSM IV PTSD Criteria D IS met

This is all new to me I understand what the DSM means but not the criteria? B.C.D? Where's A?

Also what is this?

PHQ 9-17 Moderate Severe Depression?

IS THIS FOR RATING PURPOSES OR THE DEGREE OF THE DISABILITY? OR THE SYMTOMS?

BAI-34

PCLM TOTAL 61 ??? <WHATS THAT?/

If this is enough to file for SC?

I Know I will have to prove this is from the military & I can with my service records , also my records indicated a Dr Diagnosed me with Server Depression back in 1999 from my old Bif Spring Tx VAMC Doc...which I never knew about?

the kicker here is the depression was diagnosed before I filed the claim for TDIU THIS WAS IN 2002 nothing was mention in the TDIU claim about the Depression at the Big Spring VAMC?

I Just never thought about filing a SC claim for this because I am RATED 90%Combined and extra scheduler pushed me up to being paid at the 100% rate TDIU P&T since 2002

BUT if I die from it and its SC Then my spouse can file DIC?

I discussed this with my social worker. HE BASICALLY SAID ITS UP TO ME.

Any suggestions? from anybody??

Much Thanks

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck depression is a symptom to PTSD, I have severe depression also. I have thought of filing depression secondary to PTSD. On a reconsideration. I will find out and get back to ya buck.

• HadIt.com Elder

ok thanks, I think my Dr said I have major depression caused by PTSD or the other way around I'm so mixed up I don't know what to ask? It has numbers and letters like on my first post Ms berta describe what they mean but I'm hard headed or just ignorant to the fact I don't know what I have...they seem to think both?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I can't find anything on ''Unspecific Depressive Disorders''

It says this

veteran diagnose DSM 5

PTSD unspecific Depressive Disorders

PHQ-9: 17

BAI 34

PCLM: 61

Total Score Depression Severity

1-4 Minimal Depression

5-9 Mild Depression

10-14 Moderate Depression

15-19 Moderately Severe Depression

20-27 Severe Depression

DSM-IV PTSD Criteria B is met

DSM-IV PTSD Criteria C is met

DSM-IV PTSD Criteria D is met

Iam thinking a typing error on the 17 as they said it was Moderate Depression 10-14 instead of the next higher number15-19 which would be 17 at Moderate Severe Depression.

Anyone care to comment on this? what does it mean actually? am I consider diagnosed for Unspecific Depressive Disorders? if so how do they Break that down?

Thanks

an unstable Buck :(

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone care to comment on post #34?

I'd appreciate any input because I'don't know what all this means? and I'm at a lost as what to do? file claims or just forget about it and go on?

.................Buck

Buck depression is secondary to PTSD. They do not consider depression part of ptsd. When you file your cliam for ptsd file a secondary for depression. Take it as gospel buck.

As far as all those other numbers I am completely in the dark. I think they have a dart board in in a conference room and they get one throw and whatever number it lands on that's what they compensate you. Hell man your dealing with mental illnesses. Haha they threw all the nut cases out of mental wards years ago. They never have thought much of us whack jobs and still don't. That b! $h in Indianapolis proved that with her cartoon of a veteran hanging himself