VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know How To Get Qtc Cp Exam For Medical Puposes

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I've had Hypertension Issues since my early days in Kuwait and was hospitalized there for several days for a kidney stone and kidney issues. Recently, I was service connected at 0% for hypertension. Anyway, much later, I ended up with 3 large marble sized cysts on my Kidney's. Anyway, so, around 1998, when I was still active in the Army, I started having chest pains that would not go away. So, they gave me an heart echocardiogram back then and found some heart valve regurgitation problems. As a result, from that time on, I've had chest pains and carried around nitro to relieve the angina. Anyway, 30 days ago, I had another echocardiogram for my disability claim but they were done by the contractor QTC. Anyway, I've been having more issues over the last couple of days and wanted to know if anyone knows the best way to access that echocardiogram from a VA QTC contractor? Overall, l know the test costs around 3-4 K , so I was glad that the VA did the test mainly so I can get a status of how I am doing now and if my heart valve is Ok or getting worse? Anyway, I've been really tired and fatigued and figure it's just the sleep apnea getting the best of me? Frankly, I know it could take almost a year to get the QTC results...so does anyone know the best way to get these results for medical reasons despite being for CP exams? I would prefer that my Non VA-PcP get the results first , mainly because he knows my cardiac conditions better than anyone else at the VA? I've tried to avoid having the VA treat me because they are so busy now...but if it's my only option, then I could be seen by them as a last resort--to see the echocardiogram ----maybe?

So, does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing and know what's the best way to get a contractor completed QTC echocardiogram that was done 30 days ago....Specifically for a CP Exam?

Thanks in advance....rootbeer22

A C and P exam becomes part of your medical records. So, try going to your VAMC and ask them for a copy of the exam report.

Here is the way MY VA handles it:

If I go to "release of Information" with a request for all my medical records, then they mail em to me in about 2 weeks.

However, if I ask for the medical exam dated 4 30- 2015, then the gal calls up to that doc and asks him if its okay to release said exam report. If he says OK, then you can walk out of the VAMC with a c and p exam copy.

In other words if you want "a few pages" of medical exams, they hand them to you as long as your doc releases it to you. They normally do that, but the doc can withold this, for example, if he has diagnosed you with terminal cancer and HE decides it will harm you to tell you, such as if you are suicidal.

However, if you want 400 pages of medical records, my VAMC will give them to you (after you sign a release) but they will have to be mailed to you in a couple weeks.

The idea is to not "tie up" the copier with one Vets request for 1900 pages of records, when many walk in and ask for 3 pages. It could/would likely take one or 2 hours for the copier to print thousands of pages of medical records, and it isnt fair to make Vets wait who want just a couple pages, especially if he needs those records ASAP to take to another doc.

I can not tell you this is a VA wide policy, its the way its done at my VAMC. Amazingly, this policy actually makes sense, so its almost suprising VA does it this way. Incredibly, my VAMC "Release of Information" is actually well organized and does a fantastic job. I have even reported the great job they do to the hospital administrator.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

rootbeer

Go to your VAMC ER and tell them your having bad chest pains there required to take you in right away asap, and do test, if the pain is severe they need to do a heart catheter to check for possible blockages or heart vale problems....after your test you may need to wait a few days but then you can go to the records information desk at this VAMC AND ASK FOR YOUR RECORDS.

Don't mess around with your ticker Buddy!

.....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet,

Maybe the VA should invest in more than one copier!

• HadIt.com Elder

rootbeer,

If you been experiencing severe chest pains recently and more frequently

Then this is why I suggested that you go to your VAMC ER as soon as possible &let them know about your chest pains.

Records or not its always better to be safe than sorry.

......................Buck