Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Overwhelmed

Rate this question

help7777

Question

As I posted before, waiting on an appeal for r&l knee SC to flat feet & back increase. Have various new claims, now in preparation for decision about 3wks, RO is St. Pete. Contact Hickey she cc director got a call saying my new claim should be the decision stage for 30dys, but she has to contact someone concerning my appeal from 2011. Well, dealing with anxiety with IBS isn't good. Praying for a decision to be in my favor & money in the account asap. My daughter start school in August kindergarten, but my anxiety is the fact, rent, lights, school supplies & school uniform is needed. Bank account negative, can't get no more financial assistance just been seeking help. I ask for those here who have successfully finished their claim, please pray for us in the financial issues as myself & the favor to receive our due benefits in a timely manner & hope to be able to endure until the end. Thanks for the many who write there success story it gives me hope & encouragement to hold on another day. Thank you, God bless you all.

Saved by grace 

• HadIt.com Elder

help7777

just hang in there, you can call IRIS and ask them to expedite your claim for hardship reason and let them know what you mention here, (rent electric due and your & your bank account negitive with a child)

you must not be able to work?

also check with your community center they can help you with the school supplies and uniformsor if they can't help I bet they can point you in the right direction.

some churches should be able to help you with your electric/water and food funds!

Try not to worry so much and stress yourself out think about your daughter....remember when we think were at our wits end God sees to it that things have a way working themselves out.

I'll send prayers your way.

Hang in there.

btw, I put this post in Veterans and claims and research so it will be seen more.

................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Hello help7777,

I think you've gotten things moving favorably for yourself after contacting Ms. Hickey and considering her CC to VASEC Bob. If you failed to mention your financial hardship to Undersecretary Hickey during your first email. I would fire off another email for (financial hardship priority and request expedited action due to rent, light, foods, school related expenses for your daughter). Buck gave you some good advice to follow seeking assistance from other community services.

If your some of your claims are stuck in prep for decision for 3 week or more it could be that Ms. Hickey jumpstarted action to issue a decision. Email to both Bob and Allison has turned out positive for many of us on this site and other times not as well. However, focus on the positive motion in play already. IRIS contact may not increase your chance of a decision at this point. Relax a bit if you can, stay healthy until your decision arrives and keep us informed.

Buck said: God sees to it that things have a way working themselves out. Hang in there I'll send prayers your way. I can say personally most of us have been in the place you're at now and only through the encouragement of others was I able to not go insane. I'm sure others will chime in and pray for your success as well. God bless you and thanks for your service. Jumpmaster

• HadIt.com Elder

A potential claim I would consider is Chronic Pain Disorder due to you knees, feet and back. Pain Disorder is considered an emotional disorder because it involves feelings of depression, anxiety, insomnia and everything else that comes along with living with constant pain. The VA likes to compartmentalize veteran's disabilities as if they just exist in the body and not in the emotions and mind. I have chronic pain but I got TDIU for another mental health disorder. I added chronic pain due to PN in all four limbs. This just increased my overall rating and helped me get HB.

Am bought to tears as I even type this post. It's so hard, when you thought you would have done more, but the fact that I thought I was going to retire in the military. Now am only married 7yrs, with my daughter at age 5yrs old, am fighting to just be encouraged. I was doing so well waiting, but I think the fact that she is going to school, the stress my husband is feeling, & the mental anguish is hard. But by the grace of God & your kindness to answer my post, I cry now, but I cry with grateful heart of each of your prayers.

Saved by grace 

I just got this reply, which I took the advice & I sent it to Mr. Mcdonald as well. Below is the email:

Kayla,

I understand one of our folks reached out to you earlier this week, and provided you information on your claim, and that it was currently pending a decision. I will ask that we have that decision completed for you. Also, earlier this week, I asked the Appeals Management Center, in Washington DC, which retains jurisdiction of your pending appeal, to review for action your inquiry relating to it. You are certainly not a bother.

Thank you for your service,

Craig

Saved by grace