Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Dead Husband Just Got A Va Letter In The Mail

Rate this question

Berta

Question

My husband just got a letter from the VA.

Although he has been dead for over 20 years, they said they received his January 6, 2012 NOD and asked him for more information for his claim.

He has 30 days in which to reply. and they even attached a I-9.

Any suggestions as to how he should reply to them????? :wacko:

He is 6 foot under at the Bath NY VA National Cemetery in the cremains section. with no internet service or a PC,or phone.

( YIPPEE ...the one good thing is that the Director of Buffalo (in what is obviously another snafu) gave me another victory today ----Thursday by phone and also in email she sent to me, (documented proof I sent to the IG) she had tried to manipulate my January 6, 2012 NOD date to be established as filed on April 2015.and I contacted the IG Thursday when she hung up, and sent her, Sec MCdonald, ,Allison Hickey , and Jeff Henderson . (VACO) a copy of my IG hotline complaint as to this manipulation of data by a senior VA official)

My dear husband must be spinning in his grave at all this crap.

Thank you Berta!

I love it when VA messes with you. You do have an advantage over most of the rest of us. They can not reduce your late hubby's rating. I really would almost like to see them try! Oh, he "got better". Why dont they ask his "friends" at Bath to provide "proof" he "actually improved under ordinary conditions of Life"?

I am realy glad you "nailed" that VA employee who manipulated your date. The VA gets away with that far too often...they did/have (so far) gotten away with date manipulation with me. We sometimes get "Save the date" cards in the mail. Well VA must send "Fake the date" cards.

yeah, and the VA employee who manipulated that data was the Director of the Buffalo VARO.

She was so dumb that she did that in email to me, email which I promptly sent to the IG.

I am curious as to what will happen with this. No offense, but, given the VA history, they will just cover this up, and nothing will happen until they do this to the next Vet..faking his dates. And he probably will just let it slide.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta

go to he cemetery and take a picture of his grave & gravemarker...and put it in a envelope and mail it back to them state ''sorry God told me not to wake him that you would give them this message!

and in bigger writing say You VA employees wake up and read and start doing your Jobs...you bunch of over grow over paid Idiots

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52