Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed Nod For 3 Denied Claims

Rate this question

KansasNavy

Question

GERD/RLS/Right Lower Leg Radialculopothy... Question is how the process works. I filed my NOD, does it now go back to the raters? If not who actually will review why I disagreed with them on the award letter? I actually think it was the VES contracted DR who screwed up. I know this is the first step. I submitted 4 pages of why I disagreed, and pulled the evidence out of my SMR's. I didn't have any new evidence because I believe they flat out overlooked what was already in my records. I just pointed the way so they could find the info easier.

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If you chose to allow your local VARO to review your case, it'll be there and take a good year or so probably. If you opted to waive local review, it'll run up the chain to the BVA I think.

You might want to get a copy of your most updated C-File and then hit the NPRC up for all the records that they have as well to make sure you have all the documentation possible. Then maybe get a good IME/IMO done to backup your condition claims and get the report to the VA as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Mark

What evidence is listed as reviewed by the rater in making his Denial Decision? If you choose the DRO Review or Hearing route, you Absolutely Must Proved "New & Material Evidence" that was not available to the original rater. No N & M Medical Evidence provided with the DRO Request, automatic continuance of your Denial.

I had a DRO Hearing 06/14, about 4.25 yrs after I filed the DRO Hearing request. BVA Hearings can take 5+ yrs. All issues awarded after about 35 min of an "Informal Hearing." Had a copy of the DRO Award that afternoon. I'm a huge advocate of the DRO Hearing route.

You've already filed your NOD, so I think the "Official Request for Reconsideration" by the original rater, is off the table.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember if the BVA Remands your claim back to RO it starts the whole process over, its best to have your claim settle at the RO level if you can.

jmo

...................Buck