• donate-be-a-hero.png

HEARING LOSS POSSSIBLE SMC's?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

In the CFR ,U.S.C.  1114  under special ratings 

3.350 (iii)

it states ''if your hearing loss is 60%or more''  then you would qualify  for SMC's...if I read this right?

Should they have awarded it back when I was rated the 60% increased to 90%?   which was way back in Dec 2002

would this be a possible CUE on the VA?

broncovet? anyone?

Thanks!!

.......................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Founder

from what i read it should qualify you for smc k, not sure on cue but i'm sure others will chime in.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Buck,

you can call Cue if you can proof anytime that the VA did not follow a law.

I am not familiar with that law but I am 70% for hearing loss and already have SMC S! Don't remember exactly how it went down that I got it but pretty sure it was after I was awarded 100% for my heart. My other disabilities at the time added up to over 70% before they even granted my hearing loss!

Stillhere

Im 50 percent hearing loss and 10 percent tinitus.

This is the first Ive ever heard about an smc award for just 60 percent hearing loss.

I thought you had to be 100 percent hearing loss to get the k award????

5) Deafness. Deafness of both ears, having absence of air and bone conduction will be held to exist where examination in a Department of Veterans Affairs authorized audiology clinic under current testing criteria shows bilateral hearing loss is equal to or greater than the minimum bilateral hearing loss required for a maximum rating evaluation under the rating schedule.

I did see the 60 percent bilateral hearing loss but it was only in combination with 20/200 blindness or worse from my reading?

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck,

you can call Cue if you can proof anytime that the VA did not follow a law.

I am not familiar with that law but I am 70% for hearing loss and already have SMC S! Don't remember exactly how it went down that I got it but pretty sure it was after I was awarded 100% for my heart. My other disabilities at the time added up to over 70% before they even granted my hearing loss!

Stillhere

An expert in SMC is needed! Anyway, as I understand things, there is a potential, with 100% + 70% + 70% to be entitled to a higher rate of SMC than "S".

Since the VA has done such a poor job of even granting or considering SMC when the law and regs require them to do so, it's very likely that they did so again!

There seems to be a whole lot of "wiggle room" in what I've seen in the gory details. and I'd believe that the VA takes advantage of that to a veterans disadvantage.

When ever there are discretionary clauses, it's to be expected that the path of least effort will be taken.