Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Claim

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is my first PTSD Claim  and was going to submit my MH VA diagnose notes from the VA Physiatrist and VA Social worker, what notes would be good to submit along with my PTSD Application Claim?  I have the DX PTSD with Unspecific Depressive Disorder by the VA Physiatrist   and the meds they put me on and also including some therapist reports, should I include the therapy notes? is this all I need to submit at this time along with the PTSD App?

going to the post office in the morning  and mail it..with return receipt.

Any suggestions  anybody?

Thank you all in Advance

Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Right now all I have is the VA physiatrist diagnoses' of ptsd unspecific depressive disorder.

All I have is whats in the VA Notes, I don't have a private Doc opinion  nor have I seen a private Dr on this issue.(can't afford it)

wife lost her job and were waiting on her SSDI to come in ..in Dec.

I don't have a PTSD DBQ ..the VA Physiatrist ask me if I was going to file a claim on this  I said I don't know I ain't thought about it.

well now I am going to file a claim  if nothing else to get it Service Connected.

I Have about 30 pages of the VA Notes printed out and numbered as parts of my medical documentations  and as medical evidence r this PTSD Claim.

there's a lot more but mostly  meds and other contentions I have that are not SC  with appointments schedules.

I don't mind a  PTSD C&P if they send me to one its no problem for me  other than getting out of the house .

I see the VA Physiatrist the 16th of Sept and I'll ask her then if she will help me with this claim or ask her to render her opinion as her expertise to state that  the likely as not this veteran PTSD is caused from his past military service and he events he encountered from Vietnam he reports or something to this effect(I'll take a copy of the PTSD DBQ to her.

she will or she won't help me  but she did ask me if I was going to file a claim a few months ago on this.

don't hurt to ask I guess?

In this claim I will request the SMC  Housebound because this disease keeps me from getting out and being sociable

...the only thing is   if the raters sees that I am 90%combibed rating and getting the 100%pay  from being TDIU P&T

Will that interfere with there decision making?  who knows?

I been not saying anything about this PTSD for years   until it came out  my spouse mention it to my pcp and she sent me to MH.  My spouse has been after me for years to get help with it.

I gave in and seeking help now.

...............Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Try this site and plug in your zipcode 

http://www.giveanhour.org/Default.aspx

They may be able to help you get outside counseling.

Zaidon, Karmah, Fallujah

Operation Southern Fire

2/2 Easy Co Warlords

OIF III

• HadIt.com Elder

Question?

Beings I can't afford to get a private Dr, IMO statements to write a letter on my behalf 

Could my spouse write a letter as to witness my behavior? to whom it may concern? she is not a Dr by all means but she has put up a lot with me over the years,

I could ask my therapist to but I don't much think he will because I had ask him about filing a claim and he said its a waist of time because I am already getting paid at the 100%rate with TDIU P&T he said that's the highest rate I can be paid.

so I only have my spouse to help me...if the VA Dr's won't...

any suggestions?

Buck, i have attached my how to on gathering and submitting evidence, not sure if you have seen it.  anyways in there it shows you how to write up sworn declarations as well as the template.

I would get sworn declarations from AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Yourself - talk about what happened.  the when and the what.  talk about how you were after it and how you are now.  talk about how it affects you and be detailed.  talk about your bad days, how does it affect your ability to funciton in society, hold a job, hurt your relationship with your spouse and/or children.

Spouse - she was not there so she cant offer help on the when and what happened.  she can and quite well, provide excellent insight into how you are affected, how you have gotten worse, how it hurts your relationship with her, how it makes her life harder. 

Children- if you have adult children have them talk about the same things as the spouse.

Coworkers - im guessing at 100% TDIU you arent working, but if you can get ahold of old coworkers have them talk about why and when you left, how it was harder and harde for you to keep working and that you werent doing well.

Friends - similair to spousal declaration but in the friendship context.  dont see you often because you arent that social, or whatever it might be

As far as your doctor goes, you can tell him/her that yes you are already at the 100% level but this is important to you, not for the money, you cant receive anymore but you want to be recognized, for the VA to finally say YES YOU HAVE THIS, WE ARE SORRY, WE WILL HELP.  The government/military put you in the situation that made you how you are today and for you, now, the VA represents those same people who did this.  and you want them to in the least recognize you, recognize what they did and own up to it.  Tell him you need this as part of your healing process.

I dont know if any of that above pertains to you, its how i feel.

I would also consider looking up local Psychologists. call around to every one i bet you can find one that would be willing to do it pro bono.  tell them your story, let them know you dont have alot cant afford one, etc. but need help with the VA.  Chances are you will find a vet or a vet friendly one.  if not local, expand the search a bit.

HOW TO SUBMIT EVIDENCE IN A VA CLAIM.pdf

Edited by USMC_VET

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks USMC_VET

I think the same way you do Buddy, Thanks for this valuable information this will help me and a lot of other veterans

I will do  as you requested.

............Buck