Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

tdiu finally 100 percent

Rate this topic

adkins7b

I am 90 percent but filed and won tdiu so I'm getting paid at a 100 percent.  My question is are there any other benefits for being tdiu?  Its been along road 4 years couldn't of done it without hadit.com

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

if it is TDIU P&T a lot of other benefits including ChampVA for spouse and children under 23. Many States offer additional benefits. Congrats on your win.

• HadIt.com Elder

If your not  P&T you should be, if your 90%and your disability is static or of nature  with no future exams scheduled and is likely to not improve and keeping you from working...they should have gave you P&T  with the IU.

YES having the P&T Does increase your benefits.

...........Buck

Edited by Buck52

Congratulations!  Your decision should state "eligibility for Chapter 35" if you are P and T.  You could also check your AB8 letter on ebenefits and see if it says P and T.  There is a large gap in benefits between 100 percent and 100 percent P and T.  Indeed if you are P and T, yes, there is a huge range of benefits both state and federal.  You will have to check on your state.

My state reduces the property taxes for a 100 percent P and T Vet.   You can also get stuff like free license plates from some states, free fishing licenses, free hunting licenses, health insurance for your spouse (Champva).  You get use of the commisary and Post Exchange, along with other on Post priveledges, such as discounted bowling, movie theatres, free working out at the gym, etc.  

YOu become eligible for SAH, (adapted housing, but only if you meet those requirements), ILP (Independent Living Program), and Automobile grants if you need adaptions to accomade disabilities.  

Further, 100 percent P and T makes you eligible for SMC's, as you mostly dont get Special Monthly Compensation without 100 percent.  SMC is for things like HOuse bound in fact, statuatory housebound (if you have 100, plus 60 percent), Aid and Attendance, and loss of use of limbs, eyes, ears, and even loss of use of your reproductive organs.  

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

do you know how much Housebound pays? if your 100%plus 60%.  if your getting paid at the 100%P&T rating and you file for the extra 60%  then how much would you get for  the SMC  for HB?

Thanks...............Buck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use