VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30 year Old claim Approved-Justice At Last!

Rate this topic

VictorE

Congratulations on a job well done.

There are times like this that when a veterans wins his/her BVA claim that the claim magically disappears from the decision search page. Its like the decision never happened except you have proof with your BVA decision.  Make sure you don't lose this copy.  Also when your claim is rated by your local RO, make sure you agree with the effective date and the rating percentages .  The local RO has a tendency to go by the last date filed and not even review the BVA decision and they like to low ball the percentage due to the fact that your retro payment could/should be quite significant.

VictorE:

Congratulations with that wonderful win-long deserved. Of course, they should have done it correctly this first time out? I was actually injured in a Tank Ditch Accident and Tank Main Gun Explosion during the same time period you were initially injured. I ended up getting SC for it but sometimes it's a crap shoot as to what the doctor is going to write sometimes despite having the records right in front of them that confirms your injuries. One of the big problems that Vets like you and I suffer from is that a lot of our service  records were  hand written and dig not copy well. So, if they don't scan well during the digitization process or are tough to read, the raters are either missing them altogether or not using them which can be critical evidence missing for your service connection?  Anyway, you should be getting a big retro...Godspeed Rootbeer22..

Edited by rootbeer22

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use