VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Repeat C&P Exam

Rate this question

babycourt45

Question

Hello all, I filed for an increase on several contentions as well as some new contentions in February 2015 and had my C&P exams conducted in August 2015.  I just received a call to schedule C&Ps for the same exams previously conducted in August 2015, with the same doctors as well as with a mental health doctor.  I suspect this is common if there is a question from the rater, my question is has this happened before to anyone else or am I just being paranoid?  Thanks for any input...

By the way, I have wondered myself, how much are the VA paying for just ONE c&p?  Why schedule the vet for multiple c&ps for the same conditions within that timeframe? At one appt i was told by a vet he had been TRIPLE scheduled for exams, he had four conditions he was claiming, so thats twelve appointments right there within three months.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth Andyman!

Just my two cents. I looked up my C&P examiners and most of them even at the VAMC were contracted by the VA. 2 of them had contracts well over 2 million dollars for the contract. You can find anything on Google if your willing and determined. I also showed that piece of paper to my last examiner which I knew would make him mad and in his report he did not metion much except the fact he did not undertand why I had so many C&P exams for the same condition when 3 exams were already completed. His last statement was he conceded the fact and gave me benefit of the doubt and referred the rater to look over the other examiners notes.

Buck..it is interesting that you mentioned the C&P examiner's comments because that is the same thing she said to me.  I looked on my appointments and saw that I have the same doctor from the last C&P..I guess she will be prepared to tell me that "it's not her that makes the decision and that she only writes down what she sees."

Saints..I checked my C&P notes and the ENT had to restate the opinion regarding my allergies where he stated:

"The condition claimed was at least as likely as not (50% or greater probability) incurred in or caused by the claimed in-service injury, event or illness. 

c. Rationale: Rhinologic symptoms characteristic of allergic sinusitis developed during military service but not as a specific exposure event in Southwest Asia."

I never claimed allergies under Gulf War, I claimed them as a contention with a sinus condition as secondary to the allergies.