Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA HEARING DONE

Rate this question

air1

Question

HAD MY BVA HEARING WITH VLJ VIA VIDEO YESTERDAY,THEY ACCEPTED MY IMO AND SHE DID NOT ASK TO MANY QUESTIONS.SHE LET MY LAWYER ASK ME QUESTIONS AND NEAR END ASK ME ABOUT SOME TREATMENTS AFTER GETTING OUT OF MILITARY AS FAR AS RECORDS ,WHICH ONE HOSPITAL ER I WENT AND THEN AFTERWARD HAD TO GO TO TREATMENT FOR 30 DAYS  EVERYDAY,WHICH WE HAD LETTER FROM THE STATE GOVERNMENT STATING THOSE RECORDS WERE DESTROYED BUT ACCEPTED MY LETTER FROM SUPERVISOR AT MY JOB WHO STATED THAT I DID GO TO TREATMENT FOR 30 DAY 4 YEARS AFTER BEING DISCHARGED.THE VLJ THEN MADE A POINT TO MENTION TO  BEFORE I LEFT THAT SHE WOULD TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION ALL MENTAL DX OTHER THAN PTSD  AND DEPRESSION THEN CLOSED THE HEARING.I THINK IT WENT WELL AND I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG BEFORE A DECISION  IS COMING,DOES IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE THATI CONTACTED MS HICKEY AND EVERYTHING MOVED FAST AS FAR AS ME GETTING AND APPPEAL HEARING AFTER FILING I9JULY OF THIS YEAR.

5 answers to this question

Glad to hear you made it thru the hearing, but timelines are hard to say. Most folks on here have waited up to 2 years. It judge goes in your favor, you will still have to go to the VA for exams and for the VA to review evidence and decide on what % if any to grant along with the SC. I have seen Vets go thru all this for years, and then VA grant them a SC of 0%. Really don't have an actual answer for you at this time. Good luck and keep us posted

Air1, I recently had a BVA hearing as well, my hearing was on June 2, 2015, I had the decision in my hand Aug 17, 2015.  Now, I only had two issues, and it can depend on the particular judge, you can research prior decisions for your judge at the main BVA website, i dont know if you had c&p exams done already(within the past year), but if you just filed in July I will assume not, like Navy stated they will send you for exams if the judge rules in your favor.  The statement she made does sound promising, good luck to you and thank you for your service!

I had exam April 2013 and private exam  April 2014,but my IMO recently.I research BVA decisions in 2015 and they average 2 -4  months on ones that are not complicated or people that are seeking say 4 issues. My case is mental health acquired while in military,

Always the possibility of a Remand. What did your attorney say?

It would be interesting to see your original C&P DBQ and Rater's decision discussion in Denial letter,redacted of course.

Semper Fi

Lawyer said she felt good about my case and that the judge that I had was nice today when she normally is harder on vets.This all was said to me after the case she had not read my IMO by Brett Valette PHD who I found from  Hadit radio.He did a great IMO and explained ,rationale and also include his resume and  my lawyer three days later sent IMO to BVA. AS I said before I was denied because my private examiner was psychologist with MA and VA in its denial stated that probative weight goes to the VA doctor and also because my private examiner with Masters showed no rationale,but they accepted  in service stressor event that MD Brett  Valette reminded them of in this 10 page report not counting his three page resume.