Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SENDING IN 21-0781 statem in support of claim PTSD

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm getting ready to send in my statement in support of claim  to my claims intake center. 21-0781  SC PTSD.

I have a lot of VA Confidential Notes  but some are actually just repeat them selfs...but its whare I need to send in the next page to complete the report  a lot of stuff is Irrelevant to my claim  but need to send in the extra paper work so it all can be read (if they read it all) and I have several pages of MILITARY RECORDS to send in as evidence...and on the 21 -0781 for PTSD Claim.

Letter in support of my claim from my spouse  2 Typed Sheet's

I had to attach 2 separate type sheets to the 21-0781...this is a lot of paper sheets to send...I am trying to go through it all and reduce but if I leave something out   that's not good.

So I think I have about 50/60 pages of stuff to send in.

is that to much?

I know it will cost me a fortune to send it...but?

Any opinons and Advise?

Thanks In Advance.

................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Forget the Fortune, have your VSO Rep scan and attach to E-Ben Claim that you already have or have not filed. Spend some time getting up to speed on Scanning and attaching documents to your E-Ben on-line claims. Much faster, cheaper and easier than what your thinking about doing.

For some reason, I thought you had already filed your PTSD claim? Really thought you were waiting on an upcoming PTSD C&P.

Worry about Evidence later, get the PTSD claim filed now.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I file intent to file claim  and the Dav filed the PTSD Claim

I wanted to know if this is to much to send the claims intake center? if they will read all it?

its hard to leave some of the paper work out.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck,

Hopefully you highlighted and or circled the dates and the specific comments to draw their attention to it.  When I mail stuff, it usually runs around 11$ and change.  I do realize that this may be a burden for some, but, I'm too afraid to not spend that postage money. 

As for the page count, more is better than less, especially if it all points to SC PTSD.

Semper Fi.

Andyman

Buck - I don't think it is too much if it bolsters your claim. Just be careful not to be redundant. As far as the cost - Send in via Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope. There is no limit on number of pages or weight. You can generate on USPS.com for $5.05 ....It is trackable and you can get delivery updates by email. Gets delivered in two days. I send in all my claims and additional paperwork that way.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I did send it certified return receipt....cost little more than 5.00 tho  it was about what Andyman mention

$$12.40 

but thats ok I track it and it showed up at there door in two days  now I wait my return receipt.

Buck,

My last claim involved a little over 100 pages of documents which I initially sent certified mail return receipt requested and then hand delivered a second copy of the documents to my RO after the VA lost the documents I had mailed.

Due to the volume of pages and to simplfy it for the VA, I added a Table of Contents at the front of my claims package and tabbed the different sections according to subject matter (e.g.- Statements in Support of Claim, Military Records, Service Medical Records, VA Medical Records, Private Provider Medical Records, Dependents Information, etc.).  I also numbered my pages in the following manner: 1 of 100, 2 of 100, etc.  I tabbed my sections and numbered the pages just in case VA employees disassembled my claims package or accidently dropped it,   It also makes it much easier for them to find something in your claims package with minimal effort.  

Also make sure your documents have your VA claims number listed on the top of each page.  I highlighted my claims number and other parts of my documents which I deemed to be most relavent to my claims and necessary for VA rating officials to see and read. They will probably not read every word of every document but chances are they would be more likely to focus their attention on highlighted sections of your documents.  JMO

Good luck with your claim.

GP