Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU exam tampa.."very Brutal"

Rate this question

allan1351

Question

Everyone needs to understand these people are not our friends...I felt I was in court fighting a case..Be prepared and ready for all kinds of traps and loaded questions...they are out to stop giving IU to us veterans.and this guy said he was a vet...I noticed at the very end he wanted me to sign a statement saying how good he was.He even beat up my IMO on the record....Just "Beware"when going for these exams........

allan1351,

I had a C&P for MH(depression secondary to chronic pain) one month ago, today.  That guy totally disregarded my pain related SCDs, and kept hounding me on issues related to any and all things not pain oriented.  And he kept asking about times before I served.  I must have told him 50 times, at least, that every thing started after I entered the Marines, but not because it was the Marines.  Said that I fell down a flight of stairs on day 5, of boot camp, and that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship with my little friend, aka: Pain. 

Not pull my hair out pain, but more than enough to go to sick call every few months, over my 6 yr enlistment.  I landed knee first, then chest, and my legs flopped up towards the back of my head, compressing my lower back.  Right around the start of my 5th year I developed plantar fasciitis which led to an ankle SC. 

Right out the box I had 2 SCDs related directly to pain, Low back pain and painful residuals from ankle injury...and 22 months later got the SC for my knees, patella femoral pain syndrom, bilateral.  Fast forward 15 years(so...6 plus 17 equals 23 years of pain) and he couldn't see how I would have developed any kind of pain related depression.

On top of that he wrote in his notes that he can't see how one minor leg injury(wearing a brace on one leg for only 8 days) could lead to anything. 

During the exam he had asked me if I had any SCDs, and I told him yes, named them all, and specified which ones were directly pain related.

He did, however, note chronic sleep issues, alcohol dependency and a third that I can't recall at this time(maybe it was memory lapses?)

He made me feel like road kill on a hot day, and came at me like a snake oil salesman from an old western movie. 

Took me all day to get past that!  I even knew going in, that that was most likely how it was going to go, so I was prepared to stay focused on my service years.  And that I would most likely have to keep redirecting back to my service time.  What a mental battle that was!

Semper Fi.

Andyman

Thanks Andyman

I do feel and believe this CP was a setup from the get go.just the way it went down from the beginning...this guy would ask me a question,then answer the question for me....was just crazy......Now,  I understand why many Vets feel the way they do...I did write down my notes and will use them in an appeal if needed.O'well...I'm up for the battle........take care and thanks..Allan  

Hey All

Just went on blue button and noticed another paper showed up....This one should put me at 70%....they will probably deny IU....But ready for appeal...nothing on eben yet...still in prep for not...Have a great day all....Allan