Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New PCP problems

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

I recently moved and had my first appointment with my assigned PCP.  Well, I just downloaded and printed his notes, he has made several statements about tests that he DID not do, i.e. straight leg lift, post void residual.   These statements are not in my best interest.  I also stated that I did not think that the omeprazole was still working. He then said that I should stop taking them, but in his notes, he states that  my "reflux symptoms have disappeared" and then later he states "He is not taking his medication for GERD as his symptoms have gone away". Should I contact him and ask him about these entries or should I just let it go?  These notes relate directly to SC issues and potentially SC issues, GERD.  I have called another clinic nearby and asked to be placed on their waiting list for new patients when they hire a new doctor.

Happy Trails

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with USMC_VET  & GREEN 110%

CHECK OUT SECURE MESSAGING IN MY HEALTHVET& GET BACK TO THIS Doc.

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thanks for the info.  I sent a secure message to the doctor letting him know that I m pro active with my medical records.  I used USMC-Vet's format for the letter.  I found two more entries after rereading the notes a few times.  If he does respond in timely manner then I will resort to using the regulation 1.579  Amendment of records.

I ll be seeking a change in clinics and doctors.

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

you don't have to  do all that shit to get records corrected go to

patient advocate at the VA clinic and file a complaint with them and get it resolve in

a day. Anything you summit now is part of your records whether its a phone call ,email,

or in person every call or questions is part of records

Edited by RUREADY

Sad to say that this happens all the time bud. I just got rid of my PCP at one VA hospital, and got transferred to a  Local Dr that is part of the VA clinic system. My last PCP on my 1st Dr Visit, asked how I came up with the diagnoses of Crohns Disease, TBI and Migraines. I told her that I am SC for all while I was active, and crohns since 2009, WTH.   I also had another PCP that put notes in that I was a 45 yr old Female Recovering Alcoholic, yet I am a 33 yr old male, and never drank a day in my life.  Good luck and keep us posted.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

There's far too much 'creative writing' in our medical and claims files and, regardless of How you choose to do it, I agree that it's best to take action in writing to get it corrected.

They seem to hate Secure Messaging so I Love it :wink: for the paper trail. I would copy any messages from there to another medium (print out if needed) so as not to have to rely on them being there later.

It's good to hold their feet to the fire but, like USMC_VET said, start out cordial then increase the flame as needed.

If you do change docs, it might be good to float to them, "I love MyHealtheVet too - I can look at my lab results and all the notes after every visit."

Subtle way of saying, 'WE ARE WATCHING YOU.'

Good luck in your claims! :smile: