Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

closed claim? by the 10th

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What happens  when a veteran files a ptsd claim  and the claims intake center sends him information of what they want from him three things they ask for on the 11-8th 15 and the veteran sends in submits his statement in support of claim with evidence and records in support of his claim, statements from spouse, statements from veteran medical records VA Notes  and the three things they want and the VA Never acknowledge it and says to the veteran he has 30 days to send it  and the veteran did send it   ...and the VA close his claim...what can the veteran do?

ebenefits don't show they received it and says the claim will be closed by 12-10-2015 although it says  ''gathering evidence''!

The veteran as his return receipt where some one at the claims intake center sign for it.

btw

This veteran is me.  I have 4 days left.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks In Advance

...............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck,

I dont think anyone at VA knows or checks what ebbennies says.  I always send everything in, usually the first time when I send my claim.  Va opens claim on ebenefits and then asks me on ebenefits for alsmost all of the stuff I sent them.  And then they always send the the "you need to send in information for your claim by **/**/***, etc.

I never have sent in anything other then once, the original time and it has worked for me so far.  Now if you have someting in addition to what you have sent, then send it.

Anyway, thats what I observe,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Most Vets advocates recommend you pay a few extra dollars and send everything Certified Mail Return REceipt requested and, of course, keep a copy, in case they say they did not get it. 

However, based on what you posted, Buck, it sounds like they have all your evidence.  Suprise suprise ebenefits is not always accurate.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Hamslice  & broncovet

Yes I always certify return receipt EVERYTHING I send to the VA,

I have my proof  but in some cases I read that the VA is not responsible for things getting ''lost'' in the mail

.................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Buck,
Glad to hear they got it.

I remember the VA stating they never got my evidence. I faxed them a copy of the fax confirmation I printed out when I originally faxed copies. Magically, they acknowledged it!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Thanks Hamslice  & broncovet

Yes I always certify return receipt EVERYTHING I send to the VA,

I have my proof  but in some cases I read that the VA is not responsible for things getting ''lost'' in the mail

.................Buck

With the tracking number on your green card that was stamped Oct 19th, you can check on line and see when it was delivered to the sight, and when it was signed for.  I did that, recently, and saw that it sat at the PO in Newnan GA for 2 days before it was picked up by the VA intake center's rep.