Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EBenefits not showing my claim???

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

I have an appeal and a claim in to the VA, and for the past few months, EBenefits has shown both as Gathering of Evidence.  This morning however, my claim is showing, but not the appeal.  I am confused to why this would have disappeared?  They actually opened a new claim for the same illness that I have the appeal in for, and they have both disappeared?  Does anyone know why this would happen, or has this happened to anyone else?

Good for you!  Check your bank account in the next few days.  Merry Christmas!

Hopefully, this means good news for everyone who hasn't been able to see anything.  DevilDog12--Have you checked your account today?

I just checked my eBenefits and it shows my rating now.  I am in shock--it's 80%. 

To make it clear, I am not complaing, but isn't the VA supposed to go all the way back to the original filing date?  I filed for all of the claims I was just awarded in March of 2012 and my letter says: "the effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 1, 2014". 

The crazy one here, take a deep breath.  This may be shocking to you but normally you will see this until you get your official letter.  It is most likely only goes back to the last COLA increase which is 2014 (Cost Of Living Allowance) but your actual official award letter should show that it goes back to March of 2012.  So have yourself a Merry Christmas.  Just to cover yourself be prepared if VA screwed up and let us know but I think you will be fine.  If you have direct deposit it may be there in a few days. It normally takes seven to fifteen days to go through.

Edited by pete992