Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stressed again

Rate this question

demeat

Question

Hello forum, 

I was wondering if anyone had a point of contact email for the execs of the VA.  I have been blindsided again with the runaround from numerous branches of the VA in regards of my claims, and appeals.  I previously contacted Allison Hickey but i found out that she is no longer a point of contact.  I have found 2 contacts that i intend of contacting via email but i was trying to see if anyone in DC appeals board or GA.  

Robert A. McDonald

Robert A. McDonald ---

robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov

Secretary of Veterans Affairs

The Secretary of Veterans Affairs is responsible for administering benefit programs for veterans, their families, and their survivors. Under the direction of the President, the Secretary exercises authority, direction and control over the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Secretary is a member of the President's Cabinet.

Laura Eskenazi

Laura H. Eskenazi -

laura.eskenazi@va.gov

Executive in Charge and Vice Chairman, Board of Veterans’ Appeals

Demeat, I would contact Robert Mcdonald if you want results, if you post the specifics of your claims and situation other more experienced members can offer advice as well, good luck

"Getting the runaround from VA"  is not a mistake.  They carefully incorporate that into each claim.  As long as you undertand that, you will do better.  VA could approve claims in 60 days like they do with social security, but they dont have the money to do that, so they make most VEts wait, and wait, and wait, and many die waiting.  The va wants to see "how good you are" at overcoming their "runaround fever".  I dont think its an exaggeration that it takes most Vets 5-10 years to win their benefits.  Alex's was 20 years, mine has gone on 13 years and counting, and a few of them have actually gotten benefits in less than 5 years, but rarely so.

A few questions for you:

1.  How long ago did you apply?  Are you in appeals, yet?

2.  Do you have a VSO/attorney, and, if so, what did he say?  If not, you should probably get a representative. 

3. You can try Laura Eszinski, but Bob McDonald may be better.   

Edited by broncovet

I sent a few emails this summer and had positive reactions. I suggest a well-worded, succinct email that tells the story and gets to the point quickly. Use the 'silver bullet' wisely.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

thanks for the response.  Here is  a little more information. 

• I applied for my migraine issue back in 2007.  I have continuously appealed each denial and have submitted documents as well as lists of the medications that I am currently on.  The dilemma  is that they say that migraines can be caused by a numerous amount of things and that it is inconclusive that mine are caused by sinusitis.  I have notes in my service record stating that I have headaches with my sinuses but they are saying that they are 2 different things. 

2.  Do you have a VSO/attorney, and, if so, what did he say?  If not, you should probably get a representative. 

• I have been represented by the DAV for years but it seems as of recently I am not getting the same service that I once was .  I don't know if it because they have gotten so big or it might just be the area where I am located.  I have been thinking about trying to find a lawyer but I am not sure I can afford them.

• I typed up an email to both of them on Dec.26 and got a call the following day in reference to pending claims and my remand.  I was told by the appeals board that I my claim would be expedited and that I would receive a callback prior to Jan. 4.  Well to my amazement I did get a notice but it was by mail (Jan. 2-- with a denial date of Dec 29) and yet once again it was a denial.  I spoke with a DAV rep in Florida and told me that it has to still go in front of the judge but, it just perplexed me how fast I was able to get another denial even with the fact that the VA keeps missing pertinent documents in reference to my migraines.   I have been going thru them for over 15 years for my headaches and have been prescribed numerous different medications for them as well, but for some reason they are not correlating my headaches with my sinuses.  I am completely at a lost and my wife told me that it might be best to get a lawyer and let them handle it .  I also have a short time to give them new information before it goes in front of a judge once again :(.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

thanks for the response.  Here is  a little more information. 

• I applied for my migraine issue back in 2007.  I have continuously appealed each denial and have submitted documents as well as lists of the medications that I am currently on.  The dilemma  is that they say that migraines can be caused by a numerous amount of things and that it is inconclusive that mine are caused by sinusitis.  I have notes in my service record stating that I have headaches with my sinuses but they are saying that they are 2 different things. 

• I have been represented by the DAV for years but it seems as of recently I am not getting the same service that I once was .  I don't know if it because they have gotten so big or it might just be the area where I am located.  I have been thinking about trying to find a lawyer but I am not sure I can afford them.

• I typed up an email to both of them on Dec.26 and got a call the following day in reference to pending claims and my remand.  I was told by the appeals board that I my claim would be expedited and that I would receive a callback prior to Jan. 4.  Well to my amazement I did get a notice but it was by mail (Jan. 2-- with a denial date of Dec 29) and yet once again it was a denial.  I spoke with a DAV rep in Florida and told me that it has to still go in front of the judge but, it just perplexed me how fast I was able to get another denial even with the fact that the VA keeps missing pertinent documents in reference to my migraines.   I have been going thru them for over 15 years for my headaches and have been prescribed numerous different medications for them as well, but for some reason they are not correlating my headaches with my sinuses.  I am completely at a lost and my wife told me that it might be best to get a lawyer and let them handle it .  I also have a short time to give them new information before it goes in front of a judge once again :(.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .