Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus Denied! Ugh!

Rate this question

SergeantQ

Question

My hubby claim was recently denied for tinnitus. The rater wrote  in her notes ' least likely to have happened in service.' 

She didn't say anything in her notes about what my husband told her about how he was airborne for many years and jumped out of airplanes. How the noise and ringing from the helicopters clearly was a contributing factor. She never mentioned buddy or statement of case he turned in. His mos was admin (71lima) but the things he did under the umbrella of the mos (air assault, air borne jumper, generator operator) seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. My husband said she was very nice to him and he really thought she liked him and that the exam was going in his favor.  He also got one of them hearing audio pillows.  I told him she played him. and the truth is this is happening more and more each day. We are vets and they are just treating us like ish! Denying us and making us jump through hoops for 10 percent but paying the next vet $100k in back pay because of the hurry-up-and-wait concept. I'm sooooo freakin mad! 

Problem I'm having now is the va reduced my husband from 70% to 60% due to a rating calculations error. So, by dropping us to 60% next year we won't qualify for the Illinois state property tax exemption. Which is why we tried to go for tinnitus and get 10%. So that means next year if we don't find a way to get back up to 70% then that's $1400 dollars added back on to our mortgage. I'm just sick with worry right now. My husband over there sleeping like a baby but I'll be up all night. These rates can really ruin your life. Now I know why vets go postal! ??

Signed, flatlined

Thadine Q.

6 minutes ago, Navy4life said:

Raidertone;

I didn't mean to come across that way and you don't have to use that type of language to me.  BTW I am a female so I guess you probably had another choice word for me....

Excuse my language. It's just your post came across a lil rough. But I'm sure you know that now judging by the op's response...

Edited by raidertone
spelling

Tony

• Founder

No need to call each other names.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Thank you Tbird for stepping in.

I may have come across "harsh" but that was my opinion and my statement to the OP.  Since then if people read the comments we have resolved our indifferences.  

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

T-bird - I apologize. Maybe you should just delete the entire thread. My venting has turned into something else and I don't want to deter from our good mission here. Feel free to delete. I won't be offended. I'll just deal with this on my own.

Thadine Q.

I am sure you have done your due diligence, but you did use "VA MATH", right?  To ensure that the 10% will put you over the threshold to get you from 60 to 70%?  I would hate for you to wait a few years just to get it awarded and your award stay at the same percentage.  Also, does your husband work?  If not, possibility of TDIU?

E-6 Petty Officer... No sir I didn't do the VA math.:ohmy: That's something else I have to worry about.

Yes he works. TDIU is not an option at this time but thanks for helping me brainstorm. I appreciate it.

Thadine Q.