VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ADMINISTRATIVE CASE PROCESSING

Rate this question

air1

Question

I JUST NOTICE ON EBENNY THAT MY APPEAL WAS MOVED FROM WAITING DOCKET ASSIGNMENT TO ADMINISTRATIVE CASE PROCESSING.I HAD ALREADY HAD MY HEARING WITH THE VLJ ON SEPT.23,2015,WHEN IT WAS SHOWING WAITING ON  DOCKET ASSIGNMENT. SO WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS  STAGE,DO MY APPEAL GOES TO VLJ TO REVEIW AFTER THE VA LAWYER HAS WRITTEN THE OPINION BASE OFF MY EVIDENCE AND IMO .CFILE AND VA RECORDS.HOW LONG AFTER THIS.ANYONE CAN ADVISE ME WOULD APPRECIATE.THANKS.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My docket number is 1736197A. I was curious what the numbers meant too. I don't think the 3rd and 4th letters represent the month though since mine are 36. My form 9 was received by the BVA on July 31, 2017.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:16 PM, jfrei said:

It moves into the list of all the other hardship cases awaiting there decision as well. A much shorter of a list but still in order as the earliest hardship case ahead of yours... does that make sense

Hey do y'all think y'all can help me decipher how far I am from getting a decision. These have been my communications.

Screenshot_2018-02-23-10-31-52.png

Screenshot_2018-02-23-10-32-57.png

Screenshot_2018-02-23-10-26-25.png

Screenshot_2018-02-23-10-27-36.png

quahn,

It's impossible to say with any certainty, especially because of the new system they're putting in place. My form 9 was submitted in July 2017, so ours are pretty close. I've been estimating mine will take about another 3 years ballpark. Have you had your hearing yet?

I strongly suggest, since your claim is at the BVA, to request an Advancement on the Docket from the BVA.

Chris Attig, superb veteran laweyer, has this advice on that here:

https://www.veteranslawblog.org/how-to-advance-your-va-appeal-on-the-board-of-veterans-appeals-docket/

If you are 75 or older there is good chance they will advance your case.

The first 3 cases I read at BVA 2010 decisions were granted as to the advancement request but the claims were Remanded- so a lot of good the advancement did.

Hardship is a different matter:

In this case they denied to Advance as the veteran did not provide evidence of severe financial hardship and only sent them some of his bills,BUT they granted the claim.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files3/1715048.txt

The RO sent your files to the BVA, already , and probably will not forward or act on the hardship request you made.

The worse case scenario is if you are under 75 and are not in dire financial need (bankruptcy, eviction notice, etc etc.) and even if you are 75 or older or  have ample proof of your severe financial sityuation......they could still remand the claim, adding more time to resolve it.

You can send the BVA evidence up until they sign off on the claim.

I assume something was lacking in the claim.....can you scan and attach here their reason for denial?

Cover your   C file #, name, prior to scanning it.... because there may be something you need to do before the BVA remands or worse yet denys the claim again.

Edited by Berta

17 minutes ago, BuddyLoveAK said:

quahn,

It's impossible to say with any certainty, especially because of the new system they're putting in place. My form 9 was submitted in July 2017, so ours are pretty close. I've been estimating mine will take about another 3 years ballpark. Have you had your hearing yet?

No I havent