VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

ArNG11

Thank you, ArNG11, it is confusing and I appreciate your response. My symptoms probably overlap(with ibs-c and gerd), so I'm sure they will combine mine as well. I will check under the other topic as well, again, thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Flores I just remembered, although it is considered a food supplement, some time ago my gastro  doc put me on Enteragram ( not sure on spelling) that treatment worked for quite a while in addition to the changed diet, probiotics, and other meds.  

ArNG11, thank you, I feel like I'm going crazy from these gerd symptoms, I have tried so many remedies and actually just got through puking about two hours ago (sorry if thats tmi), after eating a little too much at golden corral for lunch. I hardly ever eat out, my mother threatened me with bodily harm if i didnt leave the house, and i did, to my surprise, enjoy the food. I enjoyed it a little too much. I had spinach yesterday and when I layer down last night had intense chest pain and pain starting in my neck and shoulder. My left arm felt like it was being pricked with tiny needles, i am almost positive thats the gerd again, ive been taking the pantoprazole for two months now with no difference, except i am able to swallow most soft foods without choking. Sorry for rambling, but if i hadnt spoken with either Vync or Andyman, one of whom told me gerd feels just like a heart attack, i would have called an ambulance. 

Flores, I am not trying to take anything away from any information you have already received.  But If you feel the symptoms of chest pains, left arm being pricked with needles it is best to go to the emergency room and fast.  Yes, I suffer from GERD and IBS and I have been to the emergency room several times. My PCP has even put me on 81% aspirin and other heart medicine.  The thing is you don't know what could happen with these symptoms and they can be very scary but you have to be sure that everything is alright.

Pete992, thank you, I have an appointment tomorrow with my PCP. I have been to urgent care twice with chest pain and called an ambulance a month or two ago thinking i was having a heart attack. Both times at uc they took chest xrays and blood and said it was atypical chest pain? I am having this chest pain more and more often, sometimes on days i barely eat. I am going to stress to my pcp that this needs to be fully checked. It is scary, my biggest worry is leaving my mother and kids with no other support if something were to happen. A lot of times VA seems hesitant to run more extensive testing and just prescribes more meds. I've noticed they haven't said a word about blood pressure meds, my bp is generally 154/97, pulse is usually 111 at rest.

33 minutes ago, flores97 said:

Pete992, thank you, I have an appointment tomorrow with my PCP. I have been to urgent care twice with chest pain and called an ambulance a month or two ago thinking i was having a heart attack. Both times at uc they took chest xrays and blood and said it was atypical chest pain? I am having this chest pain more and more often, sometimes on days i barely eat. I am going to stress to my pcp that this needs to be fully checked. It is scary, my biggest worry is leaving my mother and kids with no other support if something were to happen. A lot of times VA seems hesitant to run more extensive testing and just prescribes more meds. I've noticed they haven't said a word about blood pressure meds, my bp is generally 154/97, pulse is usually 111 at rest.

Yes, you should definitely talk to your PCP about this.  I had to go through the same thing and my PCP finally decided to do the stress test stuff and found that my BP was a little high and started me on the BP meds and baby aspirin.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use