VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Windows 8.1

john999

Jim is correct.  Windows 8 on computers is a result of Micorsoft's failure to enter the lucrative cell phone market soon enough, where thiey instead watched  Apple and Android take control of the cell phone market.    Windows phones are weak, unpopular, and an embarrassment for Microsoft.  

• HadIt.com Elder

For those using Windows 8+ you can get a utility from this website: https://ninite.com/ 

Select "Classic Start" under Utilities. Brings back the Windows 7 mode for the start menu and then some.

Once we know the exact error from the POF think we have enough minds here to get you up and running.

• HadIt.com Elder

My windows is running again since I had to restart it a few times and then it was ok.  I also like windows 7 and I have that format instead of the 8 format.  I am going to upgrade to 10 and then use the ninite.com to get classic start to get the 7 mode for start menu.   I knew you nerds here would be able to help me.  Before I became such a cripple I could keep up with changes but now I am lucky  to even do email.  I had an Apple 11-E once upon a time.  Floppy disks and those external disk drives and DOS.  I took a course in DOS and now have forgotten it all.  I even took a course in 4tran to try and lean something.  The teacher had us solving equations.  What a waste.

John