VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scheduled C & P

Rate this question

Old 5311

Question

Please Help..Anyone have experience or tips for a C&P for ASBRSTOS related lung disease. I was a Machinist Mate working with AB nearly every day with no warning or caution of its DANGER. CV-38 1963-1967. Had my Pulmonary Test last week. Thanks, james.work@comcast.com

Edited by Old 5311

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Riverman,

May I send some attachments to a private address? I think attachments might take up Hadit.com's bandwidth. (I'm not sure about that though, because I know little about bandwidth. Probably several geeks are snickering right now. LOL) Anyway, I can send you the info I have, which includes the Clinician's Guide about exams.

If you would like me to do that, just let me know the address to use.

Carrie

Thanks to all,

You may reply to:

James

Edited by Old 5311

Shipmate, Give this link a look. It is the medical exam for pulmonary diseases.

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm48.htm

Did you get the results of the PFT from the VA.?

My C&P for lung disease lasted abou 6 hours.. PFTs cardio-pulmonary testing, blood test, chest x-ray plus sent back for a PET scan to see if anyhing was active. It was a long day. So relax

I've ordered the records of the results of the PFT. Should be in the mail today.

Thanks, Jim

Guest Morgan

Thanks to all,

You may reply to:

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clearer. I can send this by e-mail, if I have permission to use your private e-mail address.

You may want to edit your post and remove your private snail mail address--if you want it kept private.

Carrie

Veteran- did I give you the VA's PIES list for NAvy occupations with probable or high association to asbestos diseases?

I will attach it- I made this adobe pdf myself- if you cant read it email me----

Veteran- did I give you the VA's PIES list for NAvy occupations with probable or high association to asbestos diseases?

I will attach it- I made this adobe pdf myself- if you cant read it email me----

Asbestos_VA_PIES.pdf

I've ordered the records of the results of the PFT. Should be in the mail today.

Thanks, Jim

When you get the results, Look at the FEV and FEV/Fev1. Then look at the DLCO percentage. You can cross reference this information to the 38.CFR under the diagnostic codes for restrictive Lung disease.

The most important reading is the DLCO reading, the lungs ability to exchange 02 into C02.

Good Luck

When you get the results, Look at the FEV and FEV/Fev1. Then look at the DLCO percentage. You can cross reference this information to the 38.CFR under the diagnostic codes for restrictive Lung disease.

The most important reading is the DLCO reading, the lungs ability to exchange 02 into C02.

Good Luck

can you please explain this further,I would like to know what these readings should be for normal.as opposed to restricted.