• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

moving to another country

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Question.

I am not 100% sure but I think as long as you make 100% certain you tell the VA your New address   My answer is YES.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/PERSONA/veteran-abroad.asp

SSDI 

I think will be a problem  is some country's

jmo

.................Buck 

JMO

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

YES.

I am 100% P&T living in the Philippines and collect my check (Direct Deposit) every month without a problem.

There are many ways to do it but I have my DD to a US bank and then I have "remittances" (money sent from my US account to a local bank) as I need it. The internet makes everything so easy to transfer money from one account to another.

Buck is absolutely correct about keeping up with the address changes as this is critical. Plus make sure you are signed up on eBenefits and MyhealtheVet.

Your only drawback will be the medical received overseas ain't like it is in the USA. See this post among others: http://community.hadit.com/topic/65699-foreign-medical-program/#comment-403582. Overseas medicine is way below US standards so be prepared for that.

Pack your bags and have a good time.

OSC

60 Nephropathy w/Hypertension

60 PN Upper Left

40 PN Lower Left

40 PN Lower Right

30 IHD

20 DMII

20 PAD Lower Left

20 PAD Lower Right

10 PN Upper Right

10 Scar L/R Carotid

10 Scar Abdomen

0 Hypertension

0 Surg Rt Ring Finger

100% P&T plus SMC (K-1)

Thats really a banking question, if im understanding it correctly.  They can mail you a check (risky) or do direct deposit but where you are going would/should have a branch of whatever bank you use. It would make it easier. Like, my current C/P goes to my local bank but if I was moving out of country id move all my accounts to a Wells Fargo or USAA or something with an international presence that is known in the US also. Local presence where you are going, but also a familiar presence here. Best of both worlds and you don't have to worry about weird local banking regulations or rules in your country of choice. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

You can have a good life in the USA if you had $3K a month, if you live frugally.  Don't forget, many families of 4 persons live on less than that.

But, yes, I would imagine you could live very well indeed in the PI on $3K per month.  Quality of life regarding hospitals (mentioned above), and simple things like shopping won't be up to US standards.

It all depends on what you're looking for in life.

Have you been to the Philippines before?